Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What Techniques have you used to HIDE-N-SNEAK fabric in the house? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-techniques-have-you-used-hide-n-sneak-fabric-house-t108372.html)

alleyoop1 03-18-2011 04:35 AM

Don't hide it....don't need to.....in fact, when he gets home from work, I can't wait to show him. And he always says, "That's nice!"

scrappy sue 03-18-2011 04:39 AM

I don't hide it. I have a hearing loss so I just let him rant. He gets over it I guess

msawicki64 03-18-2011 04:40 AM

This post is so funny. I thought I was the only one who had to deal with this. I don't hide but my DH is gone often enough thoughout the week that when I come home with any quilting stuff it just goes straight to my sewing room. He's more than welcome to take inventory but I don't think he does or I don't know if he has. I just don't like comments that are made or looks he gives. He just doesn't understand my passion for quilting.

grannypat7925 03-18-2011 05:09 AM

I don't hide any purchases. He never complains!

mountain deb 03-18-2011 05:11 AM

When he is not at home. Then later when he asks if that is new, I comment, "Oh I have had that for a while." Do you notice "awhile" can mean any amount of time. hehe

jad1044 03-18-2011 05:15 AM

I only try to sneak fabric in after I've just made the remark - "I could sew from now till Christmas steady and not run out of fabric" ----------------- and then I come home with a few new pieces; no way do I want to admit, I'm too a fabricholic! lol But, it is true - for the most part my DH loves my quilts - and he loves fabric, and in fact has picked out some of his own at times for a future quilt - so I should not feel guilty.

scaroca 03-18-2011 05:20 AM

I don't have t sneek, but I do have to try and keep his spending down. He does machine embroidery and is always wanting something new. He had more things embroidered than I have time to turn them into quilts. He just bought 3 sets last night and 2 sets came in the mail on wednesday. ugh what is a girl to do

DeeBooper 03-18-2011 05:26 AM

LOL...my husband has moderate alzheimers so I just show it to him...he forgets 5 minutes later!!!

GGinMcKinney 03-18-2011 05:27 AM

Don't have to hide what I buy, but have to find a place to store it. Trunk of my car is full. Now under the floor around the spare tire. Hmmm, that is an idea. He did say he hoped I never have a flat. Ha!!

cdobbert40 03-18-2011 05:37 AM

I don't have to hide it, but if I am feeling guilty thinking I spent more than I should have, I leave it in my car and then when he goes into the bathroom to take a shower or something, I run to the car grab my goodies and bring them downstairs and put them away. The guilt doesn't go away and it eats at me that I am keeping something from him so then I show him a couple of days later the great deal I got at goodwill or ebay. And I have no reason to feel guilty about spending under $2.00/yd for fabric, we are far from struggling. It really is just my own messed up head about spending money on myself. I think it comes from years of being a single mom and not being able to because if I did indulge it meant the kids not getting something they might need.