Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What would you do with this fabric (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-would-you-do-fabric-t247624.html)

Skyangel 05-30-2014 02:18 PM

Stack and whack is a great idea, and you have lots to back it too! I have some big pieces from a friend who cleaned out - one is 15 yards (it's a floral - pink roses on a navy background). I have been thinking about using it - I think stack and whack it will be!!! I even have the ruler ...

crocee 05-30-2014 02:53 PM

Thanks for the many ideas. Since I have so much of this stuff I may try one of each.

Chester the bunny 05-30-2014 03:01 PM

I look at that fabric as being basically 2 different prints.
A flowery one and a blue one.
You could cut out the blue centres, and cut the floral into pieces and use them to in two totally different quilts, introducing other fabrics like white, green and pink.

Butterfli19 05-30-2014 03:04 PM

You could use the printed borders as frames and use the middle fabric in quilts, you could cut the printed borders and use them as borders, you could try broderie perse. You could make pincushions, needle cases, chemo caps, cosmetic bags, tote bags, beach bags. You could use them as backing and applique something in the middle. You could make a summer skirt or caftan or cut it into strips and make a little jacket. You could make potholders, place mats, hot pads, or a table runner. You could introduce other fabrics from your stash and come up with a ton more ideas. Have fun with it!

crocee 05-30-2014 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by Chester the bunny (Post 6737707)
I look at that fabric as being basically 2 different prints.
A flowery one and a blue one.
You could cut out the blue centres, and cut the floral into pieces and use them to in two totally different quilts, introducing other fabrics like white, green and pink.

This is a good idea

crocee 05-30-2014 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by Butterfli19 (Post 6737708)
You could use the printed borders as frames and use the middle fabric in quilts, you could cut the printed borders and use them as borders, you could try broderie perse. You could make pincushions, needle cases, chemo caps, cosmetic bags, tote bags, beach bags. You could use them as backing and applique something in the middle. You could make a summer skirt or caftan or cut it into strips and make a little jacket. You could make potholders, place mats, hot pads, or a table runner. You could introduce other fabrics from your stash and come up with a ton more ideas. Have fun with it!

Thank you for the great ideas.

AngeliaNR 05-30-2014 04:02 PM

I recently made dinner napkins--sew two together, turn, and stitch around the edge. We've been using them a lot!

ManiacQuilter2 05-30-2014 04:14 PM

How about a 4 patch pansy. There have been several photos on this site. It is like a Stack n Whack but done with four squares instead. Instructions were found on Connecting Threads website. Have fun !!

Quilter 65 05-30-2014 05:30 PM

Another idea is to cut the individual "tiles" apart and use alternate blocks of a coordinating fabric with killer quilting. But, a stack and whack is my favorite so I use it whenever I can.

DebbE 05-30-2014 06:14 PM

I'd do the stack & whack on one side and use the remainder for the backing fabric....and use a coordinating color from the fabric for the borders, sashing and binding. It would be beautiful.