Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What would you do with this? Progress pic added 11-9 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-would-you-do-progress-pic-added-11-9-a-t12557.html)

sandpat 10-25-2008 04:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I'm trying to post the EQ PDF of this quilt so you can see the whole thing. Somehow I don't yet have enough blocks on the quilt...(I just got the program..so learning process) There are actually 10 blocks vertically and 6 horizontally right now.

Here goes my try at posting the EQ PDF

Ok..I'll have to work on that some more..you get a line drawing..not the colored file. The feathered wreaths that show are actually to be feathered hearts that are done in trapunto.

Love of My Life quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]57468[/ATTACH]

cjc 10-28-2008 05:26 PM

That's exactly what I was thinking. A wide border of the light fabric then a narrower border of the flying geese.

Harmony 10-28-2008 07:29 PM

I like mgshaw's idea too. That will look spectacular.

All the flying geese! You're on expert on them now if you weren't before. Beautiful quilt!

sharon b 10-28-2008 07:35 PM

No suggestions, but it is absolutely stunning ! I am sure whatever you do it will be perfect.
Sharon

Janstar 10-28-2008 07:46 PM

Beautiful quilt Sandpat. That's a lot of geese and I vote with mgshaw on the finishing touches. But, whatever you decide will be great!

Missi 10-29-2008 06:49 AM

I like the ideas of a few different borders too. What about prairie points for the binding? Personally I just love them, and I thinking they would complement the flying geese really well.

I just love this quilt. Was looking at it just the other day thinking what fabric can I use in this quilt.

Kara 10-29-2008 07:48 AM

This is what I would do (only because I love borders and 18 inches is a lot of space to cover).

First, 1 or 2 skinnier borders to pen in those flying geese. I like the darker colors.
Then a border of the cream, about the withe of the first 2 combined, or double the one (if you only use one)
Next, some more of those flying geese because they are beautiful (You did a beautiful job) and it would bring an element from inside the quilt to the borders (which is something I like to do).
Then repeat the cream border.
Then repeat the first 1 or 2 borders.

Mplsgirl 10-29-2008 07:53 AM

That is a beautiful quilt!

mountain-moma 10-29-2008 11:37 AM

I just love all the colors you really do some beautiful work i'm sure it will turn out beautiful with what ever you decide pls. show us a picture when it's none.I'm so glad i found this place

Grammie2twins+1 10-30-2008 02:58 PM

Whatever you do with it I'm sure it will be georgious! If you are wanting to make the top bigger before you put your borders on you could put strips on either side of the Flying Geese, then put your borders and then Prairie Points on the edge. I think that would compliment the Flying Geese design in the quilt. Just some ideas. Hope you figure out some thing you really really love. :lol: