Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What would you do? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-would-you-do-t103482.html)

Daisygirl 02-27-2011 07:14 AM

Okay, so I signed up for a bom last year and I guess I really didn't read the description that well, but when it came for the first time it was 8 minis(I thought it was 4), so I've ben plugging along doing them. Around October(month 8 or9)I just got really sick of doing them. So now that all the holidays died down I tried to start them up again. I told myself I had to do 2 a day to catch up but I just don't want to do it, and am finding any excuse in the world not to do them. My question is this, do I just do them and get it over with or move on and come back to them in a million years? I am afraid if I don't finish them I never will, but I just can't stand the thought of doing them anymore.

babyfireo4 02-27-2011 07:20 AM

If you're really not liking them at all you could pass them on to another quilter that does like mini's. If you dislike it this much already then you goung to remember that everytime you go to pick it up, I think. ;ust my suggestioin :) good luck! Let us know what you decide.

cjomomma 02-27-2011 07:22 AM

Originally Posted by babyfireo4
If you're really not liking them at all you could pass them on to another quilter that does like mini's. If you dislike it this much already then you goung to remember that everytime you go to pick it up, I think. ;ust my suggestioin :) good luck! Let us know what you decide.

I agree with this.

RUSewing 02-27-2011 07:31 AM

Or you could finish it and give it as a gift. That was it was a finish, but no way would I keep something I personally don't like.

Jill 02-27-2011 07:43 AM

There have been times when I've just made myself finish a quilt and get it overwith and move on. I think it matters how much a UFO bothers you. On the other hand, I didn't start quilting until I was in my 50's and the first thing I was determined to do was keep it fun. It is a hobby with me, I'm not entering shows, and I'm not demanding perfection from myself. But it must be fun. I know I'm not any help to you, just thought I'd give you an example of how another person views it.

sueisallaboutquilts 02-27-2011 08:53 AM

I find minis challenging and if you aren't happy it doesn't make sense to do them JMO

cmw0829 02-27-2011 09:08 AM

Life's too short to force yourself to do what you really don't want to do. There are plenty of other things required of us that we don't want to do.

I agree, pass it on to someone who will finish it and move on to something you love.

littlehud 02-27-2011 09:46 AM

If you really can't stand doing them either pass them along to someone else or put it away. Quilting is supposed to be fun not work. :-D

SuziC 02-27-2011 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
I find minis challenging and if you aren't happy it doesn't make sense to do them JMO

I agree too. Susie:you changed your pic!!!

BellaBoo 02-27-2011 10:29 AM

Put the fabric in your stash and say I'm done with it.