Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What would you do? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-would-you-do-t171359.html)

puddingtain 12-08-2011 06:46 PM

I would give him the quilt now so he won't feel bad that he did not get you a xmas gift..

IrishNY 12-08-2011 06:47 PM

I would tell him that you already have his gift. He will feel bad if he doesn't get you something when you give him a gift. And give him him the quilt - you never know what tomorrow will bring.

Mickey1 12-08-2011 07:28 PM

If this was my situation I would respect his wishes. I'd put the quilt out now, wherever you could both enjoy it,
knowing there won't be any awkward moments on Christmas that could ruin the holiday.

Right after New Years I'd ask what his thoughts were for Christmas 2012!!

SueSew 12-08-2011 07:28 PM

This may be a really stupid question, and it is certainly personal, so I apologize if I am out of line, but I have often seen posts where women give their DH a quilt. I can't figure out what my DH would do with a quilt if not to crawl under it with ME every night.
I guess I'm real unimaginative.

kacklebird 12-08-2011 08:03 PM

I wouldn't give it to him as it's going to probably make him feel reallly bad for not having you a gift. I say save it and give it to him on a day that isn't a holiday or special occasion. Do what your heart tells you to do though.

Mickey1 12-08-2011 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by ABCQuilt (Post 4762472)
I have made my husband a quilt for Christmas. Yesterday he informed me that we can't afford Christmas gifts for each other this year. I didn't tell him I have made something for him so I'm not sure what to do. In years past I have given him anniversary or valentines day gifts and he has forgotten to get me something and he feels so bad! So should I give the quilt to him or should I use it as a gift next year? What would you do?

Be sure to let us know what you did and how it turned out!

TanyaL 12-08-2011 08:36 PM

Wrap yourself up in it and take him to bed for his gift. He'll love it. You'll love it. Call it your love quilt.

sylviak 12-08-2011 08:45 PM

Put it under the tree with a note that says: "This is for us, because I already had it made and you helped pay for the fabric!"

Jim 12-08-2011 09:42 PM

I would do what I wanted to do in my heart...but I know I love giving way more than recieving...My wife would be wrapped in that quilt on Christmas night...its a gift of your love and labor...a gift from your heart not a gift only because you would recieve one in return. Christmas is about love...giving it...not keeping it ...and thats what the quilt is...I do hope he finds a way to gift you something...gifts dont have to cost a thing...it can be an act of kindness. We have done the no gifts Christmas in the 37 Christmases past but seems we never abide by them. We always find somethign we can do for each other that means more than anything that we could purchase in a store
I wish you blessings

deemail 12-08-2011 09:52 PM

I would wait and maybe suggest that since you are skipping christmas gifts, you can treat to a great valentine's day....it's only a few weeks away and the after holiday budget will be calmed down....i would do a little hinting about a 'special' gift as you won't want him to feel bad with a 20 dollar gift for you and then open up a handmade quilt afterwards...