Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What would you do? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-would-you-do-t219211.html)

Jim 04-15-2013 11:20 PM

As long as you use the same seam allowance on the entire quilt it will come together fine

busy fingers 04-15-2013 11:35 PM

I am sure that no two people sew the same 1/4" seam. If all the seams are consistent then I can see no problem.

BTW it looks lovely.

NJ Quilter 04-16-2013 01:41 AM

It looks like you're doing an excellent job. I would continue with the measurements you've been using on this quilt and worry about your 'scant' 1/4 later. As long as things are lining up with your current settings, there's no need to worry. I am a self-taught quilter. Mostly (like many of us here) from watching Simply Quilts with Alex Anderson on HGTV. She had on a guest at one point that stated something to the effect of using 'your PPM'...your 'personal piecing measurement'. This guest, if I remember correctly, was a leading log cabin quilter. Her feeling was that as long as your seam measurement was consistent throughout the project, getting that elusive 'scant 1/4" ' was not nearly as important as all of your seams being consistent. Words I have lived by in my quilting career!

janisspencer 04-16-2013 03:12 AM

I agree that you need to finish your beautiful work. The difference in the seam allowance has not affected the shape or beauty of it. you can give your next project the quarter inch seams. looking forward to seeing your post when you are done. I too am in awe of your work.jan

Wanabee Quiltin 04-16-2013 03:34 AM

This quilt should be finished. It's quite pretty and it deserves a home.

nycquilter 04-16-2013 03:38 AM

what matters most is consistent seam allowances. No quilt police will come after you because your seam is not exactly 1/4". Finish with what you were using, even if it is larger, then change on your next quilts. It is a beautiful quilt and those who have commented before me are right--it deserves to be finished.

Dragonomine 04-16-2013 03:49 AM

It's absolutely beautiful!

sew_itnow 04-16-2013 03:59 AM

Your quilt is looking beautiful. Please finish it with the seams you have been using. Besides I didn't think there were any quilt police. To me that also applies to the seam allowances. It may change the finished size some so just add more or bigger borders to get the size you want then it is more your on creation. That is my story and I'm sticking to it.

gramacheri 04-16-2013 04:05 AM

It is very pretty AS IS. Nothing wrong with it as far as I can see. "A finished quilt is better than a perfect quilt." You are the ONLY one who will know that it is not perfect!

Lara122 04-16-2013 04:10 AM

oh wow . . .this is just amazing, please do finish. don't be discouraged. don't look at the 'trees' . . step back and look at the FOREST! It is beautiful, keep going!