Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What would you do? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-would-you-do-t219211.html)

AZ Jane 04-16-2013 05:18 AM

Finish it!! That's what borders are for!!

glorcour 04-16-2013 05:19 AM

Why stop now? This is gorgeous as is.

virginia cartwright 04-16-2013 05:46 AM

I would continue just what you are doing. If at the end it is not quite the size that you want you can increase the size of your borders. That is a really beautiful quilt and you are doing a beautiful job.

Jeannette51 04-16-2013 06:08 AM

By all means FINISH it. This quilt is just to pretty to end up in a UFO pile. Looks to me like you are doing a wonderful job piecing it. Only you will know the seam is not a scant 1/4 inch. Good job, keep going.

cpcarolyn 04-16-2013 06:11 AM

Finish its too beautiful not to.

amh 04-16-2013 06:36 AM

That is a beautiful quilt. You must finish it. You are so close. Use the same seam width that you have been using for it and all will be fine. Change to the exact 1/4 inch for the next one. There are no quilt police in your house.

If we did not learn something from each and every quilt we made, and each and every quilter we meet, we would get bored with the activity and go on to something else. Every time you see this beautiful quilt finished, only you will know what you learned -- sometimes the 1/4 inch isn't all that important.

GramMER 04-16-2013 06:43 AM

You go girl; this is getting better all the time!

margecam52 04-16-2013 07:26 AM

All machines are different...you can take two identical machines, identical feet, and sew a 1/4" seam...they won't be exactly the same...it's just a fact we live with. It's why once you start sewing on one machine, you don't switch to another.

You quilt will come out perfectly fine, just smaller than intended...so what? Add an extra border all around!

Originally Posted by yweinst (Post 6003543)
I've been working on a quilt for about a month right now and have almost finished piecing it. Around a week ago I ran into problems decided to take a class to help me trouble shoot and planned on finishing after the class.

After taking the class I learned a lot and discovered some of my largest issues including finding out that my 1/4" seam allowance from my 1/4" presser foot isn't a 1/4" and is too wide.

Now I'm stuck in this situation where I want to make a beautiful quilt and I'm almost done but every seam I'm sewing I know is wrong but if I want to continue with this quilt I have to continue with the wrong seam.

I have two choices I can continue and make this quilt knowing all the mistakes or I can stop go buy new fabric and start all over...

What would you do?

Here is an image of my quilt plus the block I did after learning a lot yesterday...

Thanks for your input.

Yael

[ATTACH=CONFIG]408311[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]408312[/ATTACH]

Rose Bagwell 04-16-2013 07:56 AM

After all that beautiful work, I would continue. Use your new found knowledge on another project. It is very nice work.

Seaside gal 04-16-2013 08:08 AM

That is just beautiful. No way would I take it apart. Just finish it and enjoy.