Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   what would you name your quilt store? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-would-you-name-your-quilt-store-t196590.html)

sandy l 08-03-2012 11:05 AM

How about "Friendly Stitches"?

gollytwo 08-03-2012 11:09 AM

Sew Many Pleasures

annthreecats 08-03-2012 11:26 AM

Sew, What's New?

ghostrider 08-03-2012 11:35 AM

I'd be very leary of posting a potential business name, storefront or online, on an open forum if you think you may ever want to actually use it. It's a good way to lose both the shop name and the domain name to someone else.

Sewnoma 08-03-2012 11:48 AM

I like campy names, but there's a LQS here named "Material Girl" and I HATE that song and it always gets stuck in my head when I think of that store so I wish they'd picked a different name, LOL. (dangit, it's in my head now! Augh!)

I like my "Sewnoma" pun (I live in Sonoma County, CA) so if I were to have a shop I might just use that. "Go local" is very popular around here so it's wise to include something "local" in your business name if possible.

Although, "FABRICADABRA!!" makes me smile too.

Y'all are welcome to steal my company name ideas as long as you promise to open the shop near me! LOL

Jackie Spencer 08-03-2012 12:37 PM

Patchworkers Paradise or Quilters Haven

rush88888 08-04-2012 01:51 AM

Originally Posted by ghostrider (Post 5415649)
I'd be very leary of posting a potential business name, storefront or online, on an open forum if you think you may ever want to actually use it. It's a good way to lose both the shop name and the domain name to someone else.

i don't have any intention of opening a store! whew! i wonder what "little old ladies" would think! the name IS a little edgy.

rush88888 08-04-2012 01:54 AM

Originally Posted by Sewnoma (Post 5415673)
I like campy names, but there's a LQS here named "Material Girl" and I HATE that song and it always gets stuck in my head when I think of that store so I wish they'd picked a different name, LOL. (dangit, it's in my head now! Augh!)

I like my "Sewnoma" pun (I live in Sonoma County, CA) so if I were to have a shop I might just use that. "Go local" is very popular around here so it's wise to include something "local" in your business name if possible.

Although, "FABRICADABRA!!" makes me smile too.

Y'all are welcome to steal my company name ideas as long as you promise to open the shop near me! LOL

now you put the song into MY head! ugh! i like fabricadabra! everyone is coming up with such interesting names! i'm glad i asked!

just janet 08-06-2012 06:52 PM

I have a problem naming my quilts, can't imagine me coming up with a name for a shop!

Valerie Scherr 08-06-2012 07:42 PM

I would like to open more of a quilting studio more a place to learn how to quilt rather than sell product so I would call it The Quilters Studio of Learning