Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What are you adding to your stash these days? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-you-adding-your-stash-these-days-t68216.html)

fabric_fancy 10-04-2010 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by justme2
Can you tell us more about dying fabric?

Blenders = i never buy blenders - i dye all my own to match specific projects.

fabric_fancy

i don't want to hijack the thread so i'll send you a PM

sueisallaboutquilts 10-04-2010 09:47 AM

Oh what a day for that question!! hahaha
I spent the morning in my disaster area and am taking a lunch break.
This past summer it was so hot that it looks like I bought a TON of fabric: blenders, batiks, solids for backings, charm packs and jellyrolls galore!
Most of what I bought is good for anything but I went a bit bonkers on batiks :D

I need about 100 people to come help me. Any volunteers?? My husband is a fab cook and will feed you all hahaha

sueisallaboutquilts 10-04-2010 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by donnajean
I'm on a stash diet until I use up some of what I have.

Oh that's funny!!! :-D :-D :-D

Favorite Fabrics 10-04-2010 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
This past summer it was so hot that it looks like I bought a TON of fabric: blenders, batiks, solids for backings, charm packs and jellyrolls galore!
Most of what I bought is good for anything but I went a bit bonkers on batiks :D

I need about 100 people to come help me. Any volunteers?? My husband is a fab cook and will feed you all hahaha

Uh... sounds like you have so much "eye candy" there that everyone's appetite would be spoiled anyway, so your husband would not have to spend much time in the kitchen!

amma 10-04-2010 10:33 AM

Blenders, batiks and novelty prints :D:D:D

dasmith2 10-04-2010 10:39 AM

whatever I can get my hands on! When I moved here from Ohio, my huge box of fabric(mostly scraps given to me, and remnants,) wouldnt fit on the truck- that truck was packed full! So I didnt sew/quilt for a while. Im up to about a shoe box size now LOL, but I've been adding whatever I can, lots of solids and vintagey type patterns that Ive been finding at garage sales. I walked into my first LQS, just got 2 FQ, but I wanted half the store LOL. Im really loving lots of Moda prints-so classic and I love Joel Dewberry. Doing lots of window shopping on Etsy!

dasmith2 10-04-2010 10:40 AM

I have a question- what are blenders?? And Im definitely going to get some jelly rolls at one point, love that tutorial on here using 1 jelly roll for a quilt.

KatFish 10-04-2010 10:41 AM

Blenders and novlity prints.

sueisallaboutquilts 10-04-2010 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by Favorite Fabrics

Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts

Uh... sounds like you have so much "eye candy" there that everyone's appetite would be spoiled anyway, so your husband would not have to spend much time in the kitchen!

Hahahaha. yeah, well I was on the computer a lot and you know how online shopping is so easy!! The heat was just awful so I shopped, quilted, and watched the Yankees in AC all summer :D

JJean 10-04-2010 10:53 AM

My DD and neices will like Metro Kitchen (Robert Kauffman).