Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What are you ladies working on tonight? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-you-ladies-working-tonight-t267164.html)

Tippysmom 07-03-2015 03:49 PM

Nothing. Can't do a thing, the power has been off for over 3 hours. ��������

mmeblue 07-03-2015 04:22 PM

I'm working on my attitude. ;) I got a quilt basted last night and was hoping to start the quilting tonight but needed to pick up some thread. Turned out that my choices were either to get all three kids (6, 3, & 1) in and out of the car in the rain...or just wait and get the thread another day. I opted for the latter, but now that the kids are in bed I want to be quilting!

Onebyone 07-03-2015 04:33 PM

I finished sewing my squares together to cut out the Twister shape. It's hard to cut up the patchwork when it's all sewn together with border! I'm babysitting my 11 month old nephew so will be out of my sewing room until he leaves on Sunday. That's okay because I can hand stitch hexies until then.

franc36 07-03-2015 04:53 PM

Love your fabric! I'm doing the Craftsy BOM by Jinny Beyer. Tonight I am working on hand sewing the appliqué flowers onto the pieced flower baskets. I just love Jinny Beyer fabrics and her designs; but making these blocks is really time consuming.

Macybaby 07-03-2015 05:01 PM

I tried to make a fussy cut mariner's compass - I think I ripped out more than I've sewed. Trying to decide if I should give up and start over, or try to salvage it. I really messed up putting the secondary points in.

I'm ready to try something simple for a while.

ukdame 07-03-2015 05:39 PM

Completed quilt sandwich for two Christmas holiday table runners. Moda Crazy for Red and Le Fete Noel. Awaiting backing for a batik lap quilt. Always something in the process.

ukdame 07-03-2015 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by quiltsRfun (Post 7246333)
Nothing. I'm sitting here in 99+ degree heat in a house with a broken air conditioner and with the worst sore throat I've had in years. You could say I'm not having a very good day.

Hope both you and the a/c are ship shape really soon!

ukdame 07-03-2015 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by mmeblue (Post 7246431)
I'm working on my attitude. ;) I got a quilt basted last night and was hoping to start the quilting tonight but needed to pick up some thread. Turned out that my choices were either to get all three kids (6, 3, & 1) in and out of the car in the rain...or just wait and get the thread another day. I opted for the latter, but now that the kids are in bed I want to be quilting!

Rain- what is that wet stuff- none in the northwest for a month now. Mid 90s all week-yikes

ukdame 07-03-2015 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by girliegirl (Post 7246314)
This is what I am working on tonight..... sewn strips to iron and then add the other piece and then to make the topper.... what color border to use is my next question...

The green or deep salmon would make it really pop :)

Mariposa 07-03-2015 05:50 PM

I'm working on making 3 scrappy quilts for my 3 oldest DGS's. They're moving to Texas soon. :( So I want them to have a reminder of us....
Plus, it is 100* outside. And for a while. Ready for it to end.