Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What are you making for Christmas? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-you-making-christmas-t74611.html)

quilterj 11-12-2010 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by quilterguy27
And guys, please don't forget about us. I'm not making any quilted gifts this holiday season. I'm making macrame' plant hangers. That's not to say I'm not quilting, just not making any gifts.

I tried macrame' years ago. I didn't think anyone did that anymore.

bgullett 11-12-2010 07:07 PM

Quilt, table runners and placemats and throw quilts x's two.

Cyn 11-12-2010 07:08 PM

Is it time for Christmas already???? I'm late as usual :)

craftiladi 11-13-2010 07:23 AM

GD, her friend & I did a tie quilt in about a hr yesterday...quick gift, if I had more on my gift list I would be making more of these. All I did was sewing two pieces of flannel together, leaving a 2 1/2 border for the fringe tieing-what was neat about making this blanket was giving the girls alittle history on how this is what women used to do at quilting bees. Yes alittle bonding time.
Then I made a new set of curtains for my youngest DD for her bedrm and some new pillow cases.
I vowed I wasn't going to make gifts for those who didn't show any sort of appreciate and I have to tell ya its great not stressing out and trying to meet a dead line , not to mention my wallet.

dotcomdtcm 11-13-2010 07:55 AM

Cat shaped mug rugs for my cat loving buddies!

quilterguy27 11-13-2010 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by quilterj

Originally Posted by quilterguy27
And guys, please don't forget about us. I'm not making any quilted gifts this holiday season. I'm making macrame' plant hangers. That's not to say I'm not quilting, just not making any gifts.

I tried macrame' years ago. I didn't think anyone did that anymore.

LOL, yes, I do. I did have a hard time finding the jute. My Mother asked for plant hangers for Christmas, so that's what she's getting. I love macrame'. I've always found it fun and relaxing.

brendaln 11-14-2010 04:54 PM

Well, I have made about 18 Click it bags and am working on baby quilts for the young gals at work. Going to Ohio next week and hope to visit some of the potteries in the Zanesville Area and perhaps go to Amish country and get some material. Haven't been home in several years so this should be fun.

okiepastor 11-14-2010 05:00 PM

6 Schlep bags--done, 4 lap quilts 2 done), 4 baby quilts(2 done), 2 doll quilts (1 done), 6 table runners, 2 tree skirts, table runner with 6 place mats, 3 full size quilts (2 ready to bind)...4 crewel embroidery pics( 2 done), one completed wall hanging and needlepoint pillow ready to stuff.....yes, I KNOW those are not quilt projects!

lauriejo 11-14-2010 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by brendaln
Well, I have made about 18 Click it bags and am working on baby quilts for the young gals at work. Going to Ohio next week and hope to visit some of the potteries in the Zanesville Area and perhaps go to Amish country and get some material. Haven't been home in several years so this should be fun.

Just did a shop hop in Amish country last week, you really should try to make it there.

plainpat 11-15-2010 02:41 AM

Zanesville has a LQS on Beverly ave.There's Almost Sisters in Cambridge.Don't miss my fav in Amish area, Miller's Drygoods in Charm.Berlin has at least 2-3 LQSs. Have fun & enjoy being home.

Originally Posted by brendaln