Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What are you making for Christmas? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-you-making-christmas-t74611.html)

stevendebbie25 11-07-2010 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by bbmom1989
I am making a few lap quilts, but right now am making Mug Rugs for my husbands teaching partners and my colleagues at work. They are a great deal of fun!

Jana

What is a mug rug? any link for a pattern?

DoxieMom 11-07-2010 01:05 PM

Rag quilt for nephew in progress; mug rugs, organizer inserts for mugs, bow tucks or totes for various family and friends; and possible rag quilt for niece (if I can't get it done by Christmas, it'll be for her birthday in May...) Oh! Also promised to knit a dear friend a beret to match the scarf I knit her last year... More than enough to keep me busy--I still have to earn a living :)!

jdavis 11-07-2010 01:22 PM

The only thing I'm making (and it's only in the planning stages) is a quilted Christmas stocking made to look like my mother's broken ankle with cast, and toes sticking out. Her cast is purple. I'm thinking of using the crazy quilt idea.
I guess you'd call it a gag gift.

Dawneda 11-07-2010 01:24 PM

Sewing light houses and covered bridges for Christmas gifts.

sosewcrazy 11-07-2010 01:55 PM

In progress:
- 3 lap quilts with embroidered snowman toile (12 blocks total). Embroidery is finished for 2 of them, plus 3 squares started on the third.
- bright half log cabin quilt for my daughter.
Yet to begin:
- 2 Steelers strip quilts
- puzzle quilt for friend with autistic son
- Pokey Little Puppy lap quilt for my Dad, who read that story over and over and over to me when I was little, and still teases me about it!
- scrap bag / pin cushions (2)
- 2 flannel snowman raggy quilts
Think I'll be ready by Christmas?

lauriejo 11-07-2010 01:58 PM

Holey Moley! I'm worn out just reading this thread. I haven't even made my list yet, I guess I better get cracking.

noveltyjunkie 11-07-2010 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by mjsylvstr
MKING A LAP TOP QUILT, A FEW HANGINGS AND SOME TABLE RUNNERS......

HER'S MY FAVORITE HANGING.......11" HIGH,23" LONG

Love this one!
Well done to all you high achievers. I'll be making tree decorations with my kids, and might do some more quilted cards for people who would appreciate them, if I have time.

Diane819 11-07-2010 02:13 PM

I was on a quilting/sewing retreat this w/e and one lady made her snap bag using the stips off lots of fabric selvages. Turned out really cute --all those dots of colors and names of manufacturers.

Maybe1day 11-07-2010 02:27 PM

Likewise, table runners and place mats also putting together a couple of mixed hampers of home baked goodies

Maybe1day

JudeWill 11-07-2010 02:39 PM

I don't know if I will get any quilted things done. I am making t-shirt bags for all the girls. I'm crocheting dish rags and would like to get some potholders quilted for them also, but I don't know if I will. Maybe if I can keep myself off this computer! :oops: