Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What Are You Working on That is a Challenge For You? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-you-working-challenge-you-t213164.html)

lots2do 02-07-2013 03:42 AM

My challenge is to feel better so I can get back to the fun stuff. I'd welcome a snow day tomorrow (if we didn't lose the power) but it looks like the snow won't come early enough for that.

schoolteacher 02-07-2013 04:17 AM

Wow!! You all are so ambitious. My challenging goal is to keep practicing fmq. Have a scrappy quilt I'm working on and when it gets finished hope to fmq on it. Wanting to get it done so I can move on to the next project. The list keeps getting longer and longer!! :)

sweetana3 02-07-2013 04:39 AM

Raining Cats and Dogs by Lynette Anderson. It has piecing, applique, embroidery and yoyos. I got it in a BOM format so I can do one block at a time. Good thing because even though a small quilt, it is complex.

kateyb 02-07-2013 05:29 AM

I'm making a Mariners Compass for my sister that is giving me fits.

Abby'smom 02-07-2013 07:43 AM

:eek: I'm assembling the BOM Baltimore Album blocks from 2011 -- I have had to add a plain block to each side in the middle to made them fit around the the center plus fabric and appliqued inner borders - these plain blocks wil have something appliqued on them -- I'm on side 3 now -- I have been putting this off for several months as it is time consuming as I am sashing the blocks -- oh well, it is working out -- next will be another narrow and then a wider appliqued border (using long strips!!) -- the quilt will be quite pretty when finished....and I was so diligent about doing the BOMs as they were posted on QB!! LOL

Bneighbor 02-07-2013 08:00 AM

Getting my house together so I can get in my sewing room and "create". I "retired" (quit my job because I had it with the drama) on January 6 and have sewn about 4 hours. That sucks! But my closets and dressers are de cluttered, organized and looking fabulous. My kitchen is almost there, and my office-music room is...well...not there but on the list.
I need a boost...think another cup of coffee and a few more minutes reading notes from all you ladies, then get with it babe!

quiltingeileen 02-07-2013 08:24 AM

I'm working on a Lemoyne Star quilt. I am using the Deb Tucker ruler. There is a learning curve to the ruler and I am one who takes a bit longer to get adjusted to something new. We too have a huge storm coming tomorrow about 2 ft. of snow is predicted. Pray I don't lose power so I can sew all day :)

Rebecca_S 02-07-2013 09:29 AM

I'm doing a quilt that is all 60 degree triangles, my first quilt that is not mostly square/rectangular pieces. Working with the fabric without stretching the bias has been a challenge.

faykilgore 02-07-2013 09:53 AM

Started a potentially gorgeous SAS but other projects keep interfering. The hand quilting on the appliquéd baby quilt is an ongoing challenge of time and skill level.

Ccorazone 02-07-2013 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by kateyb (Post 5844340)
I'm making a Mariners Compass for my sister that is giving me fits.

Your sister or your quilt. LOL. Sorry, Could not resist