Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What Are You Working On? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-you-working-t291318.html)

Mariposa 09-21-2017 08:29 AM

Two baby quilts- for cousins-, a Quiltville ufo, and a small bag for a DGD. And when time or bored, I can peek at another ufo or two..... ;)

quilt9226 09-21-2017 09:25 AM

working on the never-ending bin of plaids making quilts for the non-profit I am with, Quilts From the Heart. The plaid quilts (along with patriotic quilts) will be delivered to our Veterans Hospital on Veterans Day. 5 tops done, quilting next. Also will quilt a baby quilt for a friend today and hope to quilt an applique quilt (all friendship blocks) that has been hanging around for 10 years. My small group meets tonight and I would like to bring something for show and tell.

bjgallent 09-21-2017 10:54 AM

No quilting right now. Making boxers for all the guys in the family.

Faintly Artistic 09-21-2017 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by NZquilter (Post 7910550)
I'll have to try big stitch quilting one day; it's probably the only hand quilting I'll ever be good at. I think what turned me off hand quilting was the fact that, no matter how much I tried, I couldn't get small even stitches-- just big stitches!

Just add big thread and it will look awesome!

suern3 09-21-2017 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by anne2016 (Post 7910089)
Thanks for replying. I will look for the ceramic chalk pencil but I am unlikely to find it. I live in a rural area. There are a few quilt shops but not many notions carried and when they do have them, they are very expensive. I do not order online.

I get my freezer paper at the local Walmart. They have it in the same area as aluminum foil and plastic wrap, etc. I would guess most grocery stores have it in the same area. Good luck with your project!

suern3 09-21-2017 02:13 PM

I'm working on a Farm Girl Vintage block of the month from a local LQS. We are doing the 6 inch blocks. Really cute blocks and fabrics. I got behind on this due to a couple other quilts that I wanted to do. Also, working on a new quilt called Jamaican Stars that is in the Sept/Oct issue of Quiltmaker magazine. Actually the designer, Scott Flanagan, is with one of our local LQS. I was surprised and pleased to find this in the national magazine. It just spoke to me and I had to start it. It is made with batiks and I'm still needing to get a few more pieces.

kristijoy 09-21-2017 03:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This is so much fun to see everyone's projects. This is such an awesome board!

I've been on a mission to quilt tops and get some UFO's done. I've quilted 9 tops in the last 3 weeks. This last week I did the machine part of the binding for them. (I now have a pile to work on while I'm sitting and waiting for my son at various activities!) And I've made 4 backs with 2 more to go!

Here's one I did the binding on yesterday:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]580970[/ATTACH]

SusieQOH 09-21-2017 04:20 PM

Kristi- that's gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Beehive- I love that pattern!!!!!

equigle5 09-21-2017 04:34 PM

I'm quilting a bargello heart quilt in orange's and yellows. I started a Little House on the Prairie baby quilt but not far along. I have a half square triangle scrap quilt I work on as leader/ender. Plus I have many quilt tops I need to start quilting on. If I could figure out how to post photos without downloading my entire Photo library I'll post pics later.

lynnie 09-21-2017 04:37 PM

i'm working oh a hand pieced 1" hex quilt. the shapes are dog bones, but they are randomly put together. kinda tossed with white hexes between.