Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What are you working on? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-you-working-t300924.html)

sewingitalltogether 11-14-2018 03:59 PM

What are you working on?

I'm ready to get going on something. It's mid November. So do I start a Christmas quilt? Keep working on multiple projects already started? What are you planning on for the rest of November and then December? Hand applique? Paper piecing? Something easy and quick? Presents?

maryb119 11-14-2018 04:59 PM

I'm working on the binding of a quilt I made for my mom for Christmas.

Tartan 11-14-2018 05:12 PM

I sandwiched a quilt to get it ready for quilting. I ironed Hobbs 80/20 batt on the floor so I probably will wait until my muscles to recover before quilting.:D

meyert 11-14-2018 05:24 PM

I am working on memory quilts. We lost my sister this year so I am making memory quilts for her grandchildren and children. I have the 3 for the grandkids done - whew! Now to get started on the 2 for the kids..... busy busy busy

ILoveToQuilt 11-14-2018 05:29 PM

I am working on The Splendid Sampler quilt blocks. This is a guild project - we each bought the book and are working at our own pace. I am doing all the blocks in shades of blue using light blue as a unifying (background) fabric in the majority of blocks. I have about 20 completed. There are some in the book that I don't care for, so I am substituting my own blocks. So far, I like working on this project. 6 inch blocks, no two alike, this will keep my interest for quite a while...at least I hope it will!

Anniedeb 11-14-2018 05:31 PM

I just finished 3 tote bags my sister asked me to make. I'm working on 8 more for Christmas gifts. I also have a Christmas panel I've been wanting to do, but can't seem to get to it. Our son had a change in plans, so I just found out we're hosting Thanksgiving for 10, so my dining room, which is my sewing room, needs to be cleaned out! Guess I'd better get busy!!

nativetexan 11-14-2018 05:43 PM

hexagons. i should be quilting a Fall quilt, making up Christmas ones, etc. But when ever I hit a slump, i find something of interest. hence the hex's. lots of them!

recycler 11-14-2018 06:18 PM

I need to bind 2 quilts I've made for my DS's MIL's grand daughters, and need to plan a boy one for a grandson to be of hers! I'm afraid I have a full time job on my hands with her family! Ha! Plus, I have a grandchild on the way myself, so...on and on it goes!

Teen 11-14-2018 06:36 PM

I'm waiting for a quilt to be returned from my LA so I'm in between projects right now. Finished all my Board swap projects that I am participating in. I have enough fabric left over from a kit to do some other kind of quilt. I might do the Zig Zag Zoom pattern with the extra. Going to explore that tomorrow...

Battle Axe 11-14-2018 07:38 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Of course you have time for a Christmas quilt. I started cutting this yesterday and this is what I've got so far. I should get the top done tomorrow.[ATTACH=CONFIG]604056[/ATTACH]I found this here on Qulit Board. Christmas ribbon, the thread is just a couple of days old. The top 5 rows are together and the bottom ones are just pinned on the design board. The challenge is if you get a directional pattern for several of the fabrics. I tried to stay with metallic Christmas print.