Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What Is Your Best Quilt Helper? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-your-best-quilt-helper-t87770.html)

plainpat 01-05-2011 03:21 AM

Mine would have to be a digital camera.I like to set my squares together,then take 3-4 pics & transfer to computer. Amazing how the pics shows things my eyes don't notice.From wrong shades of color,to wavy strips & blocks needing moved etc.
Maybe we get so caught up in "git er done", we don't see the trees in the forest.At least that's my excuse :-)

cjomomma 01-05-2011 04:38 AM

I keep my camera at my sewing desk too. I do exactly as you do. :)

justwannaquilt 01-05-2011 05:09 AM

I do the same thing. I have a Canon with a view finder and sometimes I look through the view finder and see where stuff needs to be fixed. I save myself the time and fix it before I snap the picture.

However my biggest help while quilting would probably be my husband. Not only is he REALLY good at picking out fabric but he works really hard so I can quilt whenever I want day or night since I don't have to work. Well I am sure thats the not REAL reason he works so hard. lol but hey it works for us.

CompulsiveQuilter 01-05-2011 06:10 AM

Originally Posted by justwannaquilt
However my biggest help while quilting would probably be my husband. Not only is he REALLY good at picking out fabric but he works really hard so I can quilt whenever I want day or night since I don't have to work. Well I am sure thats the not REAL reason he works so hard. lol but hey it works for us.

That is so sweet! My hubby knows he should be interested and say "that's nice honey" when I show him what I did, but that's about it. I think he's jealous that I have so much passion for something actually. And just last night he asked me how much time I spent looking at this board! lol!

dkabasketlady 01-05-2011 07:22 AM

My camera too in fact my hubby just bought me a new one for Christmas. My other helper is my cat Tia(in my Avatar) she makes alot of my design decisions for me even though I do question her judgement at times,lol!!!

sherriequilts 01-05-2011 07:35 AM

my digital camera too.
I lav out the blocks and take a picture. Then pick up everything by rows and I have a photo to follow.
I also use a flannel-backed tablecloth when laying out the quilt and often leave everything there. Just roll it up.

Deborah12687 01-05-2011 07:49 AM

My scanner and printer are one of my biggest helpers. My camera has issues and trying to save up for a new one. I won't go cheap this time want all the bells and whistles. I do nature photography and want to start showing my images on the net.

pab58 01-05-2011 08:32 AM

Mine is in my avatar!! :lol: She always has an opinion and is constantly helping me with my layouts!!! :roll: :lol: :lol:

JenniePenny 01-05-2011 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by pab58
Mine is in my avatar!! :lol: She always has an opinion and is constantly helping me with my layouts!!! :roll: :lol: :lol:

Mine too. Her name is Brooke. Nothing goes together well if she isn't there.

tutty 01-05-2011 09:04 AM

My friend Barbara !!! lol I like to use my binoculars the opposite way and check out my layout before sewing together ! And yes I usually move things around a bit ! Try it it is great aid.