Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What is your favorite binding tool? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-your-favorite-binding-tool-t61079.html)

Ladybugnana 08-24-2010 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by brushandthimble
I don't use any special tool, just a couple of pins, small ruler and marking pencil. I get perfect corners every time and you can not tell where I started and ended, it looks just like any joining of strips. I will be giving a class in a few week, I will make a tutorial while preparing my samples for the class if anyone is interested.

ann

please, please, please!!!!

jemma 08-24-2010 08:28 AM

tutorial please----- ihave a 1/4 inch foot i love it--i use binding clips[like hair clips that lock open +lock closed] i find i dont lose as much blood by pranging my self on pins

jamannix 08-24-2010 08:53 AM

Ann - I would love to review your tutorial if you would be kind enough to make it and post it. THANKS
Judy Mannix

Lori S 08-24-2010 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by just_the_scraps_m'am
wow, i must be the only one who uses a bias tape maker!!!
they are fabulous little gadgets that allow me to make perfect binding w/o frustration!

No you are not the only one! The bias tape maker is one of my absolute favorite tool/gadget! I have them in all of the sizes , such a great little gadget!

cpfrog 08-24-2010 09:17 AM

Tools? I guess you could call the bendable "hair clips" tools. I use these to hold the binding instead of pins (OUCH!) while I'm hand sewing the folded edge to the back of the quilt.
Hope that makes sense. If not, let me know...I'll try to get more detailed. Also, I buy a large package of these clips at a discount store (K-Mart, Walmart, etc.); NOT the quilt store where they are a fortune!

Ps 150 08-24-2010 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by brushandthimble
I don't use any special tool, just a couple of pins, small ruler and marking pencil. I get perfect corners every time and you can not tell where I started and ended, it looks just like any joining of strips. I will be giving a class in a few week, I will make a tutorial while preparing my samples for the class if anyone is interested.

ann

That's the only way I've learned to join the end and beginning strips and I must say, I love that method more than doing a straight stitched line. It seems so much more sturdier. I learned from an older woman and so thankful she took the time to show me.

franie 08-24-2010 09:36 AM

I would have to say the clips that look like barrettes! LOL
I just saw a video by Pat Sloan how to do a binding by machine using a small blanket stitch on the front. I might have to try that one.

cindyg 08-24-2010 10:18 AM

F & P Binding Tool. I love to do binding.

mdegroot 08-24-2010 11:03 AM

TQM products has a binding tool. It is a ruler and is so simple, quick. I love, love, love it. I saw it on Quilter's TV. I have also seen it in some quilt shops. Order it...you won't be sorry.

trugger 08-24-2010 01:26 PM

I'd love to see your tutorial, too!