Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What is your favorite QUICK baby quilt pattern or block? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-your-favorite-quick-baby-quilt-pattern-block-t264797.html)

crafty pat 05-04-2015 08:58 AM

I like to use a panel with a solid strip around it and pinwheel blocks around that and a wide binding. I can do that in a afternoon.

Delilah 05-04-2015 09:08 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I made this from 2" strips and 6-1/2" squares. Very simple. Flannel on front, matching minke-like on the back, no batting. No binding, birthed and tied. Kids love it. If picture doesn't come through I don't know what to do. Have had this problem since they reformatted the Board.

MargeD 05-04-2015 12:19 PM

I agree with wesing, a quilt made with a 4-patch and solid square out of a fun print makes a quick and easy quilt. I also make a 9-patch version. For the 9 -patch version I will cut 5 strips of fabric, 4 of one color fabric (plain or small print) and 5 of an alternate color. I will pull colors from the focus fabric for the 9-patch, and you can measure the 9-patch (or 4-patch for that matter) to get the measurement for the plain block. Hope this helps, but these are my "go-to" patterns for baby quilts.

oklahomamom2 05-04-2015 03:02 PM

I would do a four patch I have done one in two days and got it basted this weekend. It is the quickest one I have put together.

cathyvv 05-04-2015 03:15 PM

I love checkerboard quilts! Two fabrics, strip pieced, sandwich, quilt, bind and you're done.

vburr 05-04-2015 04:41 PM

Quick and easy baby quilt pattern

1 Attachment(s)
I just made this quilt for a shower in one day. The pattern is on the Missouri Star Quilt tutorial webpage. It is called quatrefoil. I made 9 blocks. Made a perfect size baby quilt

Angel Bear 05-04-2015 04:59 PM

I just saw this one a few days ago and I can't wait for the next baby girl quilt I need to make.

Black & White or Pink

jmoore 05-04-2015 08:16 PM

So many great recommendations... warm wishes is fast and easy and I love the look of the newest Missouri Star Quilt quattro foil. Panels are also a quick alternative.

JuanitaBean 05-04-2015 11:18 PM

2 Attachment(s)
"Just Can't Cut It" is the pattern I like to use for Baby quilt it's fast and easy . All you need 6 fabrics . I used Minkie for back.

Golfergal 05-05-2015 04:02 AM

This baby quilt measures 36 X 42 & is very quick. Uses 1/2 yard each of 2 fabrics. Cut 3 strips 6 inches wide by WOF of a focus fabric and 3 strips 6 inches wide by WOF of co-ordinating fabric. Sew together to make a strip set of 6 alternating fabrics. Press all in one direction. Cross cut the strips into 6 inch wide strips. Should have 7 strips. Layout strips so blocks alternate .Sew together. Should have 6 blocks across & 7 blocks down. Add a 2 inch border or larger border if you want. Sandwich and quilt or tie. Good Luck