Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What are your goals?...Spinoff from ADDICTING... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-your-goals-spinoff-addicting-t31897.html)

thismomquilts 12-19-2009 09:12 AM

My goal for 2010 is to have a NEAT and organized sewing room by the end of January. As a result of the newly organized room I plan to finish all my UFO's and continue with my plan to donate any labor money to my dd and her new husband, missionaries in Haiti. I plan on having a quilt for my step-great-nephew whose brother I made the frog quilt for when he was born. I need to make my nephew and his wife a table runner as a wedding present. I need to make my daughter and her husband a queensize quilt - finally have all the fabrics. My youngest son needs a new quilt this year also. And I'll be finishing up my BOM quilt/curtains by July. I hope I can get all this done this year and maybe a few other things... we'll see...

Tiffany 12-19-2009 11:53 AM

There is already a thread for this marked "Resolutions for 2010." ;) Here's the link - simply because I'm too lazy to rewrite all my goals for the coming year. ;)

http://www.quiltingboard.com/compose...topicnum=30984

Panther Creek Quilting 12-19-2009 12:05 PM

My 2010 Goals-

1. Get my niece's t-shirt quilt done by her birthday in February
2. start and finish a project challenge with a friend, who so generously sent me 3 beautiful inspiration books.
3. Do 6 quilt kits for Quilts for Kids and also add 6 quilts to be donated from my stash.
4. Start and finish a baby quilt for a dear friend expecting January.

and I am sure there will be tons more to come.

Barbm 12-19-2009 02:26 PM

first I need to find my list of goals for 2009 to see what I didn't get done and move it to the 2010 list. :)

My goal is the Dear Jane. After that, whatever. Which I am sure will equate to numerous gifts, etc.

(As I write this I realize I need 7 table runners for wedding shower prizes in May, will do in Jan. so I don't get behind.) And the quilt for reunion in August. I guess I better start a list now.

MadQuilter 12-19-2009 05:15 PM

Get the frame setup finished with the new handles and the cruise control AND ACTUALLY QUILT ON IT. I am a regular chickensh*** when it comes to FMQ - don't know why. So that is something to overcome in the new year.

hsquiltingmom 12-19-2009 05:55 PM

my goals for 2010:
* get all of my unfinished projects finished
* get a quilt done for my friends baby (Feb. 14)
* only buy fabric as needed for projects
* make some quilts for my grandbaby (due in June)
* Clean and organize my sewing/quilting room, which is also supposed to be a guest room.
* learn tube quilting
* learn free motion without breaking a thousand needles per project.
Sounds like that will keep me busy

ddrobins1956 12-19-2009 06:36 PM

My goal for 2009 was to either find a sewing group or to start one. And, I have found and joined a sewing guild in New Smyrna, FL. I love , love , love my guild. From the first day I walked through the doors I was made to feel welcome and valued as a member. I am having so much fun with this group of wonderful ladies. It's a very active group with lots of classes and community projects to keep you just as busy as you want to be. I think 2010 will be a very good quilting year for me. So, I'm making my 2010 goal to post a lot of pictures on the board so that you can all share in the new things that I learn. I'm not very good at posting pics, so I'll work on that part of my goal.

Tiffany 12-19-2009 08:40 PM

Finding a good quilt guild is always wonderful! I know I can't imagine my life without the friendships I've made from my local guild.

sew cornie 12-19-2009 09:26 PM

My goal to begin in 2010 and continue . . . well, forever I guess, . . . is to make a charity quilt from the scraps of each quilt I finish. A one-to-one deal. I have lots on my to-do list, which I just happened to write out yesterday:

two lap quilts for my little boys
four t-shirt quilts for my hubby
finish two WIPs
try quilt-as-you-go to make a Xmas bed quilt
IRR II, Quilting Bee swap, Chocolate/raspberry swap . . . .
and of course there are more waiting in the wings

JulieM 12-20-2009 03:58 AM

Well, first I need to start making quilts from fabric I purchased just because I loved it. I have bought probably 5 different lines of fabric with no idea as to what to do with it, I have enough of a couple for a king size bed.

I want to learn to do triangles and be really good at it. I have been afraid to start on the new fabric with triangles for fear of messing it up. Sounds silly I know.

Also, buy no more fabric except backing for the above mentioned. I also want to improve on my FMQ.

JulieM