Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What is your most fun part of making a quilt? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-your-most-fun-part-making-quilt-t287740.html)

Dina 04-23-2017 04:06 PM

What is your most fun part of making a quilt?

1 Attachment(s)
What is the most fun part of making a quilt for you? For me, it is when I get enough of the design on my design wall to know that I "think" I am going to like the results.

And I just got to that spot with this quilt. Let me show you.....fun, fun, fun!

I have been dragging my feet on this quilt, but now I have reached the fun part.

What is your most fun part of making a quilt?

Dina

orangeroom 04-23-2017 04:12 PM

I don't think I've ever thought of what is the most fun for me while making a quilt. I enjoy most phases. I really enjoy hand sewing on the binding on the back of every quilt though. I think why is because it keeps me warm while it signifies the completion of a quilt for a loved one. A quilt that will, hopefully, keep them warm in more ways than one.

Nammie to 7 04-23-2017 04:43 PM

I like all phases of putting a quilt together - but am my happiest when I take the last stitch in the binding.

QuiltnNan 04-23-2017 04:56 PM

i'm like you... the piecing is the most fun. and i'm not good at picking colors, so need to see that it will turn out OK

Jane Quilter 04-23-2017 05:18 PM

I like making the blocks. Each one can be a challenge to make a perfect size, with perfect colors. I love pressing, then starching the block. I could press it for hours, pet it, and mount it on the design wall with a sigh that it is completed. Ahh....but then on to the next block.

redstilettos 04-23-2017 05:36 PM

I love all aspects of it. I fall in love with a pattern, then the fabrics. Then the process.

But I do love cutting fabric. Scary and thrilling all at the same time!

I'm sharing a pic of the quilt (or part of it) I made for my DD and her hubby....looks similar to what you are doing! :)

redstilettos 04-23-2017 05:37 PM

well rats. it didn't upload. Guess you'll just have to trust me LOL

Anniedeb 04-23-2017 06:36 PM

For me it starts with the "vision". I always see it in my minds eye, then work to make it turn out the way I saw it! Usually it morphs several times before I finish, and that is the fun part. Evolving, and changing it and figuring out when enough is enough!

Dina 04-23-2017 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by redstilettos (Post 7810265)
well rats. it didn't upload. Guess you'll just have to trust me LOL

Well, phooey....I was looking forward to seeing what you have done. Guess I WILL have to trust you. :)

Dina

lynnie 04-23-2017 07:02 PM

it really depends. i'm doing an EPP 60 degree 2" diamond quilt, aqua stars with white between. I love all of it so far. i'm making a baby quilt too, and every part of it is fun to me. I love when it's done, and i'm off for another one.