Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   what is your oldest ufo (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-your-oldest-ufo-t144977.html)

MTS 08-14-2011 12:19 AM

Originally Posted by RkayD
curiously asking...what is a TATW?

Trip Around the World. And it's hideous. ;-)

quilterella 08-14-2011 02:10 AM

I started a Pam Bono kit 7 or 8 years ago (the name escapes me right now) and I have 10 of the 12 blocks done. It is a project I work on when nothing else inspires me...but...oh sooooooooo many little pieces!

whinnytoo 08-14-2011 02:25 AM

22 yrs old, Marriners Compass. The center is done, just needs pieced borders. I really should dig it out and finish it

ckcowl 08-14-2011 02:49 AM

when i was a little girl (in the early 60's) my grandmother would give me these little blocks stamped for embroidery- i worked on them off & on for years- and forgot about them -
then after my grandmother passed away in the early 90's one of my aunt's came across a box in her house with those blocks in it- without knowing i was the one who had embroidered them she sent the box to me---knowing i was the only one quilting- i was floored when i opened that box! there were about 9 blocks in the box still not done- i did the same time grandma had done- i started giving them to my granddaugter-when she wanted to sew something- a couple years ago all the blocks were done- and i put a quilt top together---
then a couple months ago i came across it again- and thought---i really need to finish this up (and give it to granddaughter)
so---dumby me--- i loaded it up and started quilting it---and at about 1/4 of the way down---ran out of thread-- unloaded it and again put it aside--and was really really stupid about the thread choice in the first place---i really thought i had another cone---but now i have not been able to match the thread color - so i'm not sure what i will do- i really don't want to take out what i've done- some day i will finish that quilt that was started 50 years ago---someday...

liminanc 08-14-2011 02:49 AM

22, I started counted cross stitch blocks to be used in a quilt when I was pregnant with my now 21 yr old son. Still not finished, surprised it has survived about 7-8 moves. lol of course directions have been lost.

sew_southern 08-14-2011 02:51 AM

I started one around 1998-99. Not even half way done with the top and haven't touched it in at least 5 years.

jitkaau 08-14-2011 04:01 AM

Birthed in 1983.

Elsie 08-14-2011 04:06 AM

Originally Posted by nance-ell
I have a drawer full of cross stitch UFO's. Do they count? lol

yes they will count too i have sever more ufo too cross stitches and crochet too that i quit when i started quilting i have some new quilts i started that are satting saying get me done lol

emerald46 08-14-2011 04:12 AM

I have 2 sets of blocks from 1993. One set is for a queen and the other set is for 2 twins. Taking queen set to LQS this week and letting gal there finish and quilt. I will get the twins done this week and then off for quilting. Then I will start on UFOs from this year.

Elsie 08-14-2011 04:17 AM

Originally Posted by ckcowl
when i was a little girl (in the early 60's) my grandmother would give me these little blocks stamped for embroidery- i worked on them off & on for years- and forgot about them -
then after my grandmother passed away in the early 90's one of my aunt's came across a box in her house with those blocks in it- without knowing i was the one who had embroidered them she sent the box to me---knowing i was the only one quilting- i was floored when i opened that box! there were about 9 blocks in the box still not done- i did the same time grandma had done- i started giving them to my granddaugter-when she wanted to sew something- a couple years ago all the blocks were done- and i put a quilt top together---
then a couple months ago i came across it again- and thought---i really need to finish this up (and give it to granddaughter)
so---dumby me--- i loaded it up and started quilting it---and at about 1/4 of the way down---ran out of thread-- unloaded it and again put it aside--and was really really stupid about the thread choice in the first place---i really thought i had another cone---but now i have not been able to match the thread color - so i'm not sure what i will do- i really don't want to take out what i've done- some day i will finish that quilt that was started 50 years ago---someday...

hope you do finished it like too see it when you do well i am going to work on all my ufo's i got in quilting this winter be perfect and hope you all finished yours i got about 5 to get done maybe get at lease 3 done happy quilting love to hear more