Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   what is your oldest ufo (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-your-oldest-ufo-t144977.html)

glorcour 08-14-2011 04:23 AM

I had three made in the 50's and 60's - all given to me by a friend whose mother made them. They are really alarmingly homely, but I did quilt one on my long arm (first one) to be used as a dog quilt for the beardie. He seems to love it. Two to finish of this vintage but a bunch more recently made. I am working my way through them.

Iamquilter 08-14-2011 05:04 AM

I just finished three UFO's of tops I made in 1991, so they were 20 yrs. old but now are finished. Made these tops at a quilt retreat. YEA. No more UFO's. Good feeling.

Patchesnposies 08-14-2011 05:08 AM

Originally Posted by liminanc
22, I started counted cross stitch blocks to be used in a quilt when I was pregnant with my now 21 yr old son. Still not finished, surprised it has survived about 7-8 moves. lol of course directions have been lost.

Mine is similar to liminac's in that I started it 12 years ago when I was pregnant with my last bio-son. Finished hand appliqueing the blocks before he was born (it was a memory quilt of our little farm). Then life got hard and I put it away for a little over a decade. Didn't do any quilting for over 10 years.

Life is wonderful now and I actually sashed and bordered the blocks last winter...now to get it sandwiched and quilted!

I plan to do that when the weather turns cooler.

SunlitenSmiles 08-14-2011 05:13 AM

my grandmothers SBS that she started in late 1920's and my own first big quilt (Indian Star)that i cut out with sissors in the late 1970's ......this is the year I will finish both! Fortunately I have made dozens since and finally know how to finish these.

judi wess 08-14-2011 05:16 AM

Am now working on a wall hanging started so long ago I don't remember the year. I think it was from a class in '92. The basket body is crumb pieced and is brown and maize.

tryitall 08-14-2011 06:23 AM

Well! I have a GD, 7 years old, and I started a quilt for her 3 or 4 years before she was even thought of. I still need to bind it.YIKES!

drella123 08-14-2011 06:55 AM

I started one 17 years ago. Long before I had a clue about quilting, it is 3 inch squares from my oldest sons jeans, he only worn Wranglers. My sweet cowboy angel is now in heaven. It is just hard to look at these jeans still. Someday I will pull it out and finish it.

vickimc 08-14-2011 07:18 AM

the grandmothers flower garden started in 2003. there may be older, but dont know where they are, LOL

klgreene 08-14-2011 07:27 AM

I have one started in the 80's of pansies. I made three blocks, was only going to make 4 and make it into a wall hanging. Moved several times, lost the pattern, so still trying to figure out what I can do with three blocks besides a table runner. It hangs were I can see it everyday just in case I do come up with something wonderful.

nellybelle 08-14-2011 07:36 AM

my first quilt, started in 2000. don't like one of the colors, so it sits on a shelf in sewing room.