Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   what is your oldest ufo (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-your-oldest-ufo-t144977.html)

SunlitenSmiles 08-14-2011 05:26 PM

is it really a UFO if you are waiting for your learning curve to kick in before you finish it ? When i finsh the GFG this year there will have been five generations (eight people)that have worked on it. Yes, I have it all written down including the info. that was on the back of the blocks and will be covered by batting and backing.

LoriMcc 08-14-2011 05:41 PM

My very first quilt... Log Cabin. I think it's 21 or 22 years old. Yikes! I'm not even sure where it is now come to think of it! :oops:

Elsie 08-14-2011 06:20 PM

well if any one get theirs done let us all know we would love to see it

judykay 08-14-2011 06:37 PM

You win, but mine is still in pieces with only a few squares sewn together. I doubt if I will ever finish it as it just not my style. I don't know what I was thinking when I picked out the fabric.

Judy

Quiltaddict 08-14-2011 07:57 PM

Mine is a log cabin that is at least 15 years old. I swear to finish it this year now that I am retired (two months ago).

Teddybear Lady 08-14-2011 08:00 PM

Well let's see...I started a hand pieced "apple core" when my son was still in high school and he is 31 now. I'm close to getting it finished but don't know how to hand quilt so I may do that part on the machine.

joogoo 08-14-2011 08:21 PM

king size quilt, one and a half years old, that I have 2/3 of the blocks done. I can't seem to get started again. I am having too much fun doing small projects.
Judy

Elsie 08-14-2011 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by joogoo
king size quilt, one and a half years old, that I have 2/3 of the blocks done. I can't seem to get started again. I am having too much fun doing small projects.
Judy

i know what you mean i try start some of mine and see something else so i go and do it instead that why i got so many ufo

StitchinJoy 08-15-2011 04:02 AM

It took me 10 years to finish my daughter's graduation quilt. I must have been dreaming when I began hand piecing and hand quilting a lone star for her, while I was working full time and going to college at night!

Sometimes months went by and I never touched it--too busy. Then a vacation would come and I would work on it a lot.

We do what we can. My thought is, if we hate the project, we should give it away or change it or throw it out. Life is too short.

If we like the project, we should finish it. It's not a race; it's a process. Just keep plugging away at it and bit by bit, it comes together. And it's a really good feeling.

Elsie 08-15-2011 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by StitchinJoy
It took me 10 years to finish my daughter's graduation quilt. I must have been dreaming when I began hand piecing and hand quilting a lone star for her, while I was working full time and going to college at night!

Sometimes months went by and I never touched it--too busy. Then a vacation would come and I would work on it a lot.

We do what we can. My thought is, if we hate the project, we should give it away or change it or throw it out. Life is too short.

If we like the project, we should finish it. It's not a race; it's a process. Just keep plugging away at it and bit by bit, it comes together. And it's a really good feeling.

yes we should do some thing i am going to work hard to get some of mine done thank you for helping me to get the will to get them done god bless