Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What's Behind Your Quilting Board ID? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/whats-behind-your-quilting-board-id-t142025.html)

Teddybear Lady 08-02-2011 12:43 PM

I make and give away little cloth teddy bears. I've made over 3000 and have them in 20 different countries. I started out making them to defeat depression, but it kind of grew into a little ministry. I still make them and give out one here and there. I have a little poem I put on them..."When you're feeling kinda lonely, and you're feeling kinda blue, Hold me close to your heart, and Remember...God Loves You"! I get so blessed by giving to other people that I forget about me, and the depression leaves.
When I can figure out where my pictures are, I will try to post them on here for you to see.

So...everyone calls me "The Teddy Bear Lady" :D
My real name is Debbie.

whinnytoo 08-02-2011 12:50 PM

Mine came from when I had lots and lots of horses and my friends said I had 'so many horses that I should whinny too'

Krystyna 08-02-2011 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by Teddybear Lady
I make and give away little cloth teddy bears. I've made over 3000 and have them in 20 different countries. I started out making them to defeat depression, but it kind of grew into a little ministry. I still make them and give out one here and there. I have a little poem I put on them..."When you're feeling kinda lonely, and you're feeling kinda blue, Hold me close to your heart, and Remember...God Loves You"! I get so blessed by giving to other people that I forget about me, and the depression leaves.
When I can figure out where my pictures are, I will try to post them on here for you to see.

So...everyone calls me "The Teddy Bear Lady" :D
My real name is Debbie.

Debbie, what a wonderful story and a great lesson for all of us. Doing something for others really gets you out of your own "stuff" and into the goodness that God wants us to live in. Thank you!

Dina 08-02-2011 01:11 PM

My name is Dina, and when I joined up, I thought we were supposed to just go by our names. I guess mine is not so common, as it just accepted it as it was. I don't mind. I am Dina. :)

scowlkat 08-02-2011 01:38 PM

1 Attachment(s)
My DH has the most wonderful way of coming of with off the wall sayings. Well he also can spot a stray animal on the side of the road in pitch black night with his eyes closed - well maybe not that great - but it has resulted in multiple rescues coming to live with us. First a little black kitten that he saw and actually dove into the kudzu on the roadside to capture. That cat, Felix, got the nickname of Skabootykat. Soon after, he found a kitten that had been hit by a car. The vet said it was less than 6 weeks old and he had to wire her jaw together. Consequently it looked like she was scowling all the time, hence, she became Susie, aka Scowlkat. (Susie is actually the most laid back, sweet, lovable cat ever!) So when we got our first computer, it was just natural that he would be Skabootykat and I become Scowlkat!

Hi, I'm Susie and I am 11 years old!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]235438[/ATTACH]

Chele 08-02-2011 01:42 PM

It's been fun reading about your names. Mine is short for Michele, which was already taken. I see now that it must have been retired and retaken. Oh well, I'm know as Chele a lot of places!

peaceandjoy 08-02-2011 01:42 PM

Sweet stories, funny stories, interesting stories... Great thread!

Mine is from a favorite Bible passage - Galations 5:22 - 23. The whole thing is a little too long for a name, so I picked out two of the fruits.

"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness,m goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self control."

BluegrassGurl 08-02-2011 01:50 PM

I play the fiddle (bluegrass style) and live in the "Bluegrass" state..... and.... I'm a girl. ;-)

loves_2_quilt 08-02-2011 01:53 PM

Mine is my favorite stress stopper....quilting

sandilee 08-02-2011 02:09 PM

My name is Sandra Lee.....but mother always called me "Sandilee" (even when I wasn't in trouble).