Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What's Behind Your Quilting Board ID? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/whats-behind-your-quilting-board-id-t142025.html)

sistermadge 08-04-2011 06:36 PM

My name is Margaret. My brother started calling me Madge, Madgie Rae, and other combos using Madge thinking it would bother me. I knew it was just a term of endearment, found it delightful and decided to use "Sistermadge
here on the board.

blueheavenfla 08-04-2011 07:02 PM

When my sweet husband and I married, he was in the process of building his house in a beautiful spot on the Indian River in Merritt Island, FL. His favorite color is blue and his favorite song is My Blue Heaven. When it came time for us to name our home, you guessed it..."Blue Heaven". After 30 years there, we moved 700 feet north and across the road so we are no longer on the river but Blue Heaven was such a large part of our life (and we have only been here in our home "Magnolia Manor" for 6 years) that it seemed natural to call myself blueheaven and obviously living in Florida, I wanted to add fla to my name. In the evening, just at dusk, when I hear the birds, I wonder if any of them are whip-poor-wills and think of bringing up 7 kids, all teenagers at one time, at "our" Blue Heaven. We wouldn't want to move back because we have built many wonderful memories here at Magnolia Manor.
Donna

dogpursemaker 08-04-2011 07:13 PM

My name is one of those super, smart, tricky ones. Dogpursemaker-I make dog purses! :thumbup: I think I wish I could change it though....truly I CAN be more creative than that. I think I saw a fabric I wanted to buy, and had to register FAST, so here I am :lol:

Buzzy Bee 08-04-2011 07:47 PM

I choose my name because I love sewind so much that I started teaching people that wanted to learn,,,I do it for fee....But have told all the "girls" they need a bee name...I am "Buzzy Bee" because I tend to buzz all over the place getting things done...I have a ""Honey Bee "and A "Stinger Bee"and a "Flying Bee" We get together once a month and have a great time laughing ans sewing...!!!!!

Yellow Bird 08-04-2011 07:52 PM

I chose my name, Yellow Bird, because I love yellow and ride a Goldwing.

qltrwannab 08-04-2011 09:19 PM

:-D :thumbup:

That is so cool ! I can relate, because I love to collect
all things " teapot.. and tea " ! So many beautiful things
around ! Good for you ! sounds like fun !

qltrwannab 08-04-2011 09:22 PM

Oh... and I am "qltrwannab " because that's my dream ..
to be a great quilter ! My real name is Jacque

hpylady 08-04-2011 10:34 PM

Oh! What heart felt memories you will always have?

Actually, my name came from my license plate on my motorcycle. I selected it because I was always happy riding it and the cool breeze blowing on me, feeling free riding along the countryside. At that moment, I was free and happy, no problems in the world when riding my bike.

Don't have my bikes anymore, but now I have my quilting, just like when riding the bikes, I am free and happy when quilting. So I still use the hpylady name. That's me! :thumbup:

coloradosky 08-04-2011 11:10 PM

I live in New York state but my heart is in Colorado.

GrannieAnnie 08-05-2011 12:16 AM

I had my first DD in 1967, the first grand on my side but the 3rd on her dad's side. Grandma was already Grandma so my mom took Grannie. Grannie (Mom) died in 1985, and my first grand was born in 1989. So I took Grannie. Away from home I'm often Grannie Annie and that has been my on-line siggy since 1992.