Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What's the best lamp? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/whats-best-lamp-t23967.html)

BellaBoo 08-10-2009 09:26 AM

I have an Ott desk lamp and I love it for sewing. I bought the Ott bulbs and put them in my floor lamp I already had. I found a battery LED desk lamp at Walmart for $10. It's great to take to classes and workshops, no electrical cord needed. The LED light last 100,000 hours. It uses 3 AAA batteries. It's a seasonal item, for dorm rooms so go get one now! Oh, it's not the desk lamps that have a cord, it's a whole different one. Pretty colors too.

shaverg 08-10-2009 02:47 PM

I just bought an ott floor lamp from JoAnn's, I have had the fold up I had been using for classes. Also Jo Ann's now carries the New Ott Light Bulb that screws into your regular lamps and the great thing is the bulbs are only $9.00 we bought one of those for the chair I use most in the family room. If you buy from JoAnns check the reviews online. Hope this helps.

JCL in FL 08-10-2009 02:58 PM

Thanks so much for all of your input. I ordered one today, I had a gift card but there wasn't a place to use it. They had an additional 15% off and free shipping. I also signed up for a email from them and they sent a 40% off coupon good till 09/09 so I think I made a good buy. Thanks again everything sounds good in the ads but to hear from someone who uses them means a lot more to me. Thanks again.

joannl 08-12-2009 05:43 PM

[
I would be tempted to get the The OttLiteŽ High Definition Natural Lighting screw in bulb from a place like JoAnns and put it into another fixture as Blahel suggested!! There are also other manufacturers that now produce them. Google "full spectrum bulbs" and you will be amazed what you can find.

[/quote]

I just bought the screw in bulb from JoAnns (they are 50% off right now) and put it into an adjustable arm lamp. I am so glad I did. I have been wanting an Ottlite but didn't have the money to spend on one. For $7.50 plus tax I have a great light to quilt by.

Jo

sewjoyce 08-12-2009 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by joannl
[
I would be tempted to get the The OttLiteŽ High Definition Natural Lighting screw in bulb from a place like JoAnns and put it into another fixture as Blahel suggested!! There are also other manufacturers that now produce them. Google "full spectrum bulbs" and you will be amazed what you can find.

I just bought the screw in bulb from JoAnns (they are 50% off right now) and put it into an adjustable arm lamp. I am so glad I did. I have been wanting an Ottlite but didn't have the money to spend on one. For $7.50 plus tax I have a great light to quilt by.

Jo[/quote]

Hey, thanks for letting me know that I don't have to have another Ott lite to use the bulb -- duh -- (the light just came on -- did you see it ?? :lol: ) I have one arm extension lamp that I adjust over both my sewing machine and embroidery machine. So I'll make a trip to JoAnn's and get the bulb.....