Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What's the issue with Purple? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/whats-issue-purple-t68805.html)

Mariposa 10-10-2010 09:02 AM

I absolutely loves purple! Yes, they can be hard to find. I looked in my stash, and found that good pinks are hard to find also. Pure, clear ones. Not muddy. Guess we can just check those fabric sites for our treasures! :)

dunster 10-10-2010 09:45 AM

I like purple too, but I have very little of it in my stash. I look for it when I buy, but you're right that it doesn't seem to be "in" right now.

Baloonatic 10-10-2010 09:55 AM

SO sooorrrryyyy ... I bought it all!

Gerbie 10-10-2010 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by Baloonatic
SO sooorrrryyyy ... I bought it all!

BOO Hoo that was tacky of you lol

Glenda Kay 10-14-2010 07:25 AM

Love purple. One of my daughters also loves purple so when my LQS recently had a 25% off sale quess what I bought.

Nolee 10-14-2010 07:49 AM

I just mailed all my pink and purple to a fellow quilter I met on the board. I couldn't get rid of it fast enough, especially lavender. I DO like the deep purples though and they look great with the green, orange and beige.

If you want orange, shop at this time of year. I recently went to Sew Bee It in Ringgold, Ga. on the way home from seeing our daughter and bought scads of orange and Thanksgiving fabric.

Originally Posted by Rebecca VLQ

Originally Posted by Dagny
If you think there's a shortage of purple, try looking for orange.

LOL! :D

I'm one that doesn't look for purple AT ALL. I think I've got 1/2 yard of it. But orange? Hook me up with some orange any day! :D

Nolee 10-14-2010 07:57 AM

I just mailed all my pink and purple to a fellow quilter I met on the board. I couldn't get rid of it fast enough, especially lavender. I DO like the deep purples though and they look great with the green, orange and beige.

If you want orange, shop at this time of year. I recently went to Sew Bee It in Ringgold, Ga. on the way home from seeing our daughter and bought scads of orange and Thanksgiving fabric. That is the most gorgeous shop I have EVER seen.

I'm one that doesn't look for purple AT ALL. I think I've got 1/2 yard of it. But orange? Hook me up with some orange any day! :D

OHSue 04-17-2011 06:01 AM

Probably because it is the favorite of so many people that they buy it out first. I have a friend who says that pruple is the new neutral. She wears purple every single day, she is also a dyer and even tye dyes her underwear purple, her poor husband....

Gerbie 04-17-2011 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by Nolee

If you want orange, shop at this time of year. I recently went to Sew Bee It in Ringgold, Ga. on the way home from seeing our daughter and bought scads of orange and Thanksgiving fabric.

Now I am just the opposite. I don't care for mostorange shades, but I love all shades of purple, froom lilac, lavendar to deep purples. I wish I knew you were getting rid of your purples. But whoever you mailed them too I want to see some pic. of items made please.

SueSew 04-17-2011 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by OHSue
Probably because it is the favorite of so many people that they buy it out first. I have a friend who says that pruple is the new neutral. She wears purple every single day, she is also a dyer and even tye dyes her underwear purple, her poor husband....

I hope she doesn't tiedye his underwear too! lol