Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What's the Most Unusual Item You've Ever Made? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/whats-most-unusual-item-youve-ever-made-t125070.html)

mary j 05-24-2011 06:51 AM

Back in the day, I made bell bottom pants out of woodstock material for my DH. He did wear them once or twice. (we were still in the honeymoon stage at that time.) Wish I had pictures!

jody100 05-24-2011 06:59 AM

I made a sleeping bag for my son.

crazyquilter56 05-24-2011 07:00 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I made a very small tent for my son's bird. It was a Lori and he like to sleep in it. Looked like a long diamond shape open on each end. I made him 3 of them. Then I made him a holder for his windows for his Jeep. I also made a adult Holly Hobbie costume and little Red riding hood for work ( I used to work in a fabric store loved it)

Holly Hobbie
[ATTACH=CONFIG]201733[/ATTACH]

cinnya 05-24-2011 07:06 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hands down THIS.........
I made this for a school play.First and last one lol.

Marie RMR 05-24-2011 07:08 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Never made a stuffed animal before. Six year old requested a VERY large cat! This is about 4 ft. long; tail adds another couple of ft.

lnklovesquilts 05-24-2011 07:09 AM

I made a 6 ft tall indian teepee for my kids when they were little. They used it for a couple of years.

Quiltbeagle 05-24-2011 07:09 AM

An excutioner's costume for my son's english honor's course end of year Renaissance/Shakespeare project. I could kick myself for not getting a photo. He looked really creepy...and we got an "A"!! LOL !

Parrothead 05-24-2011 07:11 AM

Originally Posted by GrannieAnnie
If crocheted is okay
.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .........................................
Found a novelty item pictured somewhere that was a hoot, about 30 years ago. A ball warmer (for guys) I made several one Christmas for gag gifts.

I made those also so maybe we will both get kicked off!! It was in the 70's. Had a lot of laughs over them. Even altered the size (up and down) for jokes.

Stitchit123 05-24-2011 07:14 AM

A Hood for an air assisted sand blasting suit had to make holes for the hoses and a frame to slide the lenses into and it had to be a dbl layer of Carhart fabric -So of course it needed batting and the rule is if its sandwiched it must be quilted so our guys were very stylish I ended up making 3 and machined stitched each one with the 1st letter of their names -oh- the snaps to attach to the suit was done by my husband All the sewing was done on my Singer Treadle

cinnya 05-24-2011 07:18 AM

Originally Posted by Marie RMR
Never made a stuffed animal before. Six year old requested a VERY large cat! This is about 4 ft. long; tail adds another couple of ft.

OMG I love this..and here I was whining about my little fish