Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Whats next? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/whats-next-t85098.html)

Momma_K 12-25-2010 09:43 AM

Now that Christmas is over...what is next on your agenda? Anyone thinking Hearts for Valentines, Bunnys for Easter?? I'm not sure yet, I have some Butterfly fabric and Oriental prints I'd like to use.

Antdebby1 12-25-2010 09:46 AM

Pillowcases for Valentine's Day, St. Patrick's Day & Easter. I'll make some for my husband and me & our grandson.

My sister sent me fabric, jelly roll & a pattern for a quilt. I'll be starting that shortly, too.

BETTY62 12-25-2010 09:58 AM

I plan to make tube pillow cases as gifts for friends and family next year. Other than my quilting family here on the board, I do not know anyone personally who quilts so my gift will be a unique one.

You guys do not know the impact you have had on my life. This board is so full of love and friendship that it just fills my heart everytime I sign on.

God bless and Merry Christmas.

MadQuilter 12-25-2010 10:19 AM

I will FINALLY tackle those roman shades I have been too scared to do for the spare room. Now that the curtain is covering the closet - why not attempt the shades? What's the worst that could happen? (Don't answer that).

vhiggason 12-25-2010 11:06 AM

Have so many projects. One is to make window coverings for my sewing room and of course many new patterns I haven't tried for quilts I want to make.

SherriB 12-25-2010 11:17 AM

I have promised my oldest DD I would make a Sun Bonnet Sue quilt for her. I hope to try it soon. I have never done applique and it makes me nervous.

But I need to make DD and SIL curtains for their apartment. They were approved for housing help (Thank you,dear Lord!)and now have a 3 bedroom apartment to move into!!!! We will be going to get measurments later today. Lots of big windows to cover. Thankfully I have large box of Johne Deere fabric already set aside for her kitchen and Gabe's room.

cjomomma 12-25-2010 11:32 AM

I need to make a bow tucks purse for my DD her b-day is Jan 6th. I'm almost too scared to try it.

pattypurple 12-25-2010 11:41 AM

Just found out that DS best friend is expecting twin girls in the Spring so that means new quilts. My great-nephew has moved up to his "big boy" bed so he needs a grown up quilt. But first I have to shovel out the sewing room and rearrange it.

Pat

Ramona Byrd 12-25-2010 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by MadQuilter
I will FINALLY tackle those roman shades I have been too scared to do for the spare room. Now that the curtain is covering the closet - why not attempt the shades? What's the worst that could happen? (Don't answer that).

---------------------------------------
I'll answer that..so you'll do it all wrong and get mad at yourself. So what? Then you'll take it apart, look at it and then put it together correctly and be proud of yourself. It may take more than one time, but WE LEARN FROM OUR MISTAKES. Keep reminding yourself about that, we learn and then go on.

Share with us when you do get them made, I know they will be in good taste and nicely finished.

scowlkat 12-25-2010 12:17 PM

Really have no choice but to start on our guild challenge quilt - due in February! So have a whole month to work on it - but we (I) could have started last March when we decided on the topic!

Oh yes, I'm the great procrastinator!