Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What's the nicest thing that anyone has said... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/whats-nicest-thing-anyone-has-said-t53627.html)

LoisN 07-12-2010 03:22 PM

My friend and co-worker said that mine was the most beautiful quilt she had ever seen.

maryb119 07-12-2010 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by quilting.addict
I have a great granddaughter (Sara) who thinks everything I make is beautiful! She wore the quilted jacket I made for her last birthday (7), until it was up her arms! She steals her Mom's quilt I made, every chance she gets. I made her a quilt for her 8th birthday next month. When we were last together (she lives in MD), she took me to a quiet room and said, "I need to tell you something special MaMaw." She picked up my hand, put the palm to her lips and kissed it. Then as she put my hand over my heart, she said "Now, when you get sad or miss me, remember my kiss is on your heart forever..." I can hardly tell the story even now without tearing up and missing her..

Jeannie in GA

No fair making me cry!

Ada Shiela 07-12-2010 03:31 PM

Almost forgot, I also made an FSL fold-out gift box in brown and gold basketweave for her husband to keep toiletries or whatever in - he liked that but didn't say much - he was very supportive of his wife's crafts and made perspex stencils and rulers etc as she needed them but was not used to having things made just for him ah!!

Feathers 07-12-2010 03:34 PM

Wow, that brought a tear to my eyes, too. How sweet!

Originally Posted by maryb119

Originally Posted by quilting.addict
I have a great granddaughter (Sara) who thinks everything I make is beautiful! She wore the quilted jacket I made for her last birthday (7), until it was up her arms! She steals her Mom's quilt I made, every chance she gets. I made her a quilt for her 8th birthday next month. When we were last together (she lives in MD), she took me to a quiet room and said, "I need to tell you something special MaMaw." She picked up my hand, put the palm to her lips and kissed it. Then as she put my hand over my heart, she said "Now, when you get sad or miss me, remember my kiss is on your heart forever..." I can hardly tell the story even now without tearing up and missing her..

Jeannie in GA

No fair making me cry!

Betty Ruth 07-12-2010 06:22 PM

My daughter said that her husband said that they would take as many quilts as I could send them. "Keep 'em commin', Mom," he said. My daughter has told me how much she likes each individual quilt. Mostly, I make small quilts that they can use to cuddle into while watching TV, but I made a bed size quilt for my grandson when he turned 9. My daughter said that he wrapped himself in it and said to his sister, "Ha, ha, ha, I got one and you didn't." I think he liked it.

2livesdown7togo 07-12-2010 11:04 PM

I remember the only quilting class I took, and the instructor asking me "Are you sure you've never quilted before?"

Though later she probably realized I'm just obsessive about getting things right...

phoenixquilter 07-13-2010 08:35 AM

The nicest thing has been "unsaid". My three grandsons sleep with theirs, drag them around wherever they go, and wait patiently for the dryer to get done. Also, my Mom has Alzheimer's and points to the quilt I made, says it's lovely but can't remember who made it.