Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What's sad about being a quilter... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/whats-sad-about-being-quilter-t158224.html)

lusews71 10-06-2011 04:00 AM

Sooooo true. My rehab is the making of the quilt, and if I am the only one liking them so what! They are mine and the pleasure (rehab) for me is the process. :-D

QuiltswithConvicts 10-06-2011 04:04 AM

Originally Posted by HomespunHandmaiden
You know what's sad about being a quilter?...No one ever makes quilts for us. I make quilts for other people but no one has ever given me a handmade quilt :(

This is why I spend gobs of $$$ on fabrics! I make myself quilts. The best part about making your own quilt is that you get exactly what you want.

lusews71 10-06-2011 04:08 AM

I beleve in prayer...I know God works I am 11 years free...

alfosa421 10-06-2011 04:12 AM

Amen-but it is nice when they support your habit with gift cards and such!!!

AprilG 10-06-2011 04:26 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltQtrs
So many fabrics .... so little time.
Am convinced this craft is totally addictive... has anyone gone into rehab?

Are you kidding? This is my rehab!

supergma 10-06-2011 04:42 AM

True! My own mother made quilts for my brothers and their wives, most of their kids. I finally asked her if she was ever going to make one for me. She asked,"Why? you can make one for yourself." She finally did make one for me & I treasure it... and yes, I had made a quilt for her.

quiltmom04 10-06-2011 04:43 AM

Originally Posted by HomespunHandmaiden
You know what's sad about being a quilter?...No one ever makes quilts for us. I make quilts for other people but no one has ever given me a handmade quilt :(

Sometimes I think people think making a quilt for a quilter would be like making dinner for Martha Stewart!

quiltforfun 10-06-2011 04:46 AM

NOTHING...Actually I have made a few quilts for my home--my mom was a crocheter and made many blankets for me and my children--I still use the ones she made for me. I also have a lap blanket my sister made me many, many years ago--my favorite colors (fall colors), so I still use it.
NOW THE GOOD PART: My daughter is making a scrapbook for me including most of the quilts I have made so far with a story about each--They have all been for family--We have 21 grands and 5 great granddaughters so a lot of work. BTW, I have been quilting since Oct. 1998.
Another good part of quilting is the friends one makes!!!

Val in IN 10-06-2011 04:46 AM

I've made lots for others, some are on their second quilt now. The requests keep coming in and I still don't have one.

SheriR 10-06-2011 04:47 AM

Originally Posted by feline fanatic

Originally Posted by QuiltQtrs
So many fabrics .... so little time.
Am convinced this craft is totally addictive... has anyone gone into rehab?

Phe! Rehab is for quitters not quilters!

HAHA!! Thank you for my first laugh of the morning!!!