Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What's under your needle today? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/whats-under-your-needle-today-t299388.html)

rryder 03-01-2020 04:54 AM

I have to go help install a show at a gallery, and then I hope to finish the quilting on a UFO.

Rob

Tartan 03-01-2020 10:36 AM

Just replaced a zipper in my son’s jacket. Now back to a wall hanging I am working on. I am kind of making it up as I go so it is going slooooowly.😂

mkc 03-01-2020 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by cashs_mom (Post 8364968)
I"m making the Amazing Jelly Roll quilt from Rob @ MSQC

I am so glad you posted about this - I had one sewn through the block stage and forgotten about it in our move. Or rather, I thought I'd finished the top and was going to take it when I go to pick up my new-to-me longarm in a couple of weeks. Better to find out now rather than the night before that I need to finish assembling the top and find/cut a backing!

Michelle

petthefabric 03-01-2020 06:03 PM

Had a nice Sunday: church, lunch out w/ DH, nap. Now to finish a pillow case. Then ask DH to help load a quilt on LA.

Rff1010 03-02-2020 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by rryder (Post 8365429)
Neat quilt!

For the quilting, You could use the applique templates as a pattern to trace around in the open black spaces and then quilt them in a contrasting thread. Then using a thread that blends in, you could echo around the quilted motifs and maybe add an easy fill such as loops to fill in the background. For the the appliques in the colored areas you could echo around them at quarter inch intervals or do a combination of echoing and then background fill. That would be fairly easy to do and would get you some practice in managing spaces and a start on doing some quilted motifs in your negative spaces.

Rob

think your suggestions were spot on! The animals are panels not Applique but I get your point. I tried to trace them but with the 3 layers it wasn't happening.

Here's the.part where it get lol wierd. I brought the quilt to work today and when nobody was around...I it! Thats right- I put that sucker right on the glass and hit the big green button. Problem solving baby!

Christine- 03-03-2020 12:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I'm working on a quilt for a friend today.

tohkatz68 03-03-2020 02:53 PM

Found enough leftovers from other projects (I was looking for border fabric for another project) to make probably 32 blocks for a small lap quilt.

copycat 03-04-2020 03:31 AM

Our micro quilt...

I am working on a tiny quilt for a wall hanging I am doing for our guild challenge. 5" x 5". It is the only quilt I have ever done in a day. Ha ha! :)

QuiltMom2 03-04-2020 04:41 AM

Long arming a 80" x 94" scrap quilt. This thing looked rather drab until I started adding the quilting.

oksewglad 03-04-2020 06:35 AM

Originally Posted by Christine- (Post 8366099)
I'm working on a quilt for a friend today.

Such fresh spring colors for us drab winter tired Iowans to see!