Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: What's under your needle today?

Power Poster

What's under your needle today?

I am doing my bump feathers up the final side of my 90X90 Boxes of Strings quilt Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 1336
Size:  195.1 KB today. I hope to get the binding on and hand stitch the binding to the back or maybe machine binding with flange, haven't decided yet. What's under your needle?

I'm working on the Illusion Quilt from Jenny Doan's tutorial for my DGD
    Barb

No one can make you feel inferior unless you allow them to...Eleanor Roosevelt

I'm working on another bargello quilt from Eileen Wright's More Twist-and-Turn Bargello Quilts.
    A man only has the right to look down at another when he helps him to lift himself up. - Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Linda

Nothing under the needle yet today... Still trying to do more organization and not start another project... but part of the organization meant that I was pulling fabrics for a quilt I'm doing in honor of my friend who has just retired from teaching. She mostly worked with middle school aged kids but what I'm doing is a simple Alphabet quilt. 8" (finished) sized blocks of alpha fabrics (A is for Apple, B is for Bear, etc.) that will have the appropriate letter quilted into the block. I have a great X-ray fabric, it's a scrub fabric with a poly content but I'm ok with that! Today I will be cutting the borders, a largish "kid" fabric, then outer borders of ABC fabric. To get the 26 blocks to work well, the ABC and the XYZ rows will each have a bookcase fabric blocks. N was a surprisingly hard letter to find... I used to have Nest fabric that I used before. I ordered a Nutcracker fabric which should come probably tomorrow and then I will be ready to go under the needle

Last of the hand embroidery on this block. Two more and borders yet to do. My forever projectName:  B8882119-F2FB-46DF-B43B-B27730A0F244.jpeg
Views: 1275
Size:  910.9 KB

I' trying to finish paper piecing the border for a Judy Neimeyer pattern. I have 12 finished and am working on the last 4 sections. The rest of the quilt is pieced. I'm really excited with the progress and I like the product so far.

Sewing more blocks for a Christmas quilt I started two years ago.
    I believe giving what I can will never cause me to be in need.
    Being cheap is not a badge of honor.
    My heroes are working people, paying their own way, taking care of their children and being decent human beings.

Binding a Christmas table runner for a church bazaar.

I've been hand sewing on a La Passacaglia rosette. It's slow going.
    Lori

Dust!!! Sorry, couldn't resist. Just have needed to take a break from the sewing room. Winter comes too soon.

Blog Entries
    3 more hourglass blocks to alternate with a variety of 6" block for another "community" quilt for Canada. Thanks to a poster on the board who showed an hourglass alternated with 9-patches for the idea.
    http://s1248.photobucket.com/albums/hh485/KitsieH/
    Never regret growing older, its a privilege denied to many.
    Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

Kitsie

Banned
    Another little baby quilt for Crisis Pregnancy Center. I finished handwork on the bindings of 8 of them this VQW last weekend, have 4 more to finish and now this new one. What fun!!

I"m piecing the back of my string quilt and realized last night that the black fabric I was going to use isn't cotton. It's linen! Now I'm going to have to get some black cotton before I can do anymore. I'm beginning to feel like this quilt will never get done.
    Patrice S

Bernina Artista 180, Singer 301a, Featherweight Centennial, Rocketeer, Juki 2200 QVP Mini, White 1964 Featherweight

Making my first ever house blocks - having fun!

making baby blankets: I have three pregnant coworkers and two pregnant friends and one is pregnant with twins and they are all having girls! I've got fun bright pink and purple everywhere!

I will be finishing the binding on a quilt that will go to an auction. Hand quilting the back side plus label then.... done. One of my least fulfilling projects. Too much pressure, mainly from myself, to be perfect. I just want it to be a good example of my work.

Then on to cutting pieces for a quilt for my son that will be my primary project at an upcoming guild retreat. Mentally, I will be planning another baby quilt for a mom who wishes a "modern" quilt.
    Last edited by WMUTeach; 09-08-2018 at 03:18 AM.

I’m doing a lot of FMQ on quilt blocks that I decided to QAYG & it’s using a LOT of thread! 13 blocks done & I'm on the 4th spool! Last week I went to Joann’s & bought the last 3 spools of that color. I’ve found it online, but I’d rather get it in store if they’ve restocked so I have it immediately. I didn’t quilt much this past week until yesterday because I had a car wreck Tuesday evening & the airbag burned & scraped both arms badly. Otherwise I’m ok, but my arms were too sore to do much fabric manipulation.
    I’m enjoying the FMQ, but sewing the completed blocks together is slow. There’s no sashing on the back so this is an experimental project for me. The back may not be a thing of beauty, but it will still be a functional quilt. P

Trying to learn quilting with an embroidery machine, here's hoping I don't ruin a Minnie Mouse quilt top that I think is kinda cute. Tartan, please post your Boxes of Strings: I'm still piecing on mine.

Have two little grand-daughters... 5 years old and 5 months old. Have finished another quilt for the youngest and now working on My Little Pony Quilt for the oldest as she is just now very much into this little girls toy. Hope to ship these off next week.

Working on LBB, chemo quilt, and paper pieced vintage sewing machine. I plan to finish chemo quilt today. Draw background piecing lines for machine, first time I’ve done this. I’m fanscinated by Quilters that can do FMQ. Where do you start?

I know it's a bit early, but I am making a Christmas wall hanging. It has three large blocks featuring snowmen.
    Life is not a movie. No one is going to yell "CUT" when you make a mistake. - Anne L. Fulton

I am from the South....39 miles south of Boston.

My needle's not attached to a machine. I'm making hexie flower blocks. The centers are all fussy cut animals or trees, leaves and pinecones. I have twenty three flowers done and think I'll need forty five in all. We are facing a stressful situation soon and this has been my main way to relax and still feel productive. Lots of fun!
    Just bought a snowman ornament pattern and all the supplies to hand embroider them. My sewing machine may be lonely but I am so enjoying handwork right now.

Blog Entries
    I'm working on a Fall wallhanging and some more 9-patches for the swap.

Name:  IMG_20180908_081559_hdr.jpg
Views: 913
Size:  732.1 KB

Name:  IMG_3547.JPG
Views: 917
Size:  1.79 MB
    We didn't realize we were making memories, we just knew we were having fun. ~ Winnie the Pooh ~

1912 World's Rotary Treadle (White Company), 1942 Singer 66-16, 1952 Pfaff 130-6, 1954 Singer 15-91, 1956 Singer 201-2

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Grannies G View Post
    Last of the hand embroidery on this block. Two more and borders yet to do. My forever project
    Stunning embroidery work!
    We didn't realize we were making memories, we just knew we were having fun. ~ Winnie the Pooh ~

1912 World's Rotary Treadle (White Company), 1942 Singer 66-16, 1952 Pfaff 130-6, 1954 Singer 15-91, 1956 Singer 201-2

Still working on my women of the bible quilt. About halfway done.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast