Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What is under your needle?

Red face What is under your needle?

I am doing the Bonnie Hunter mystery quilt and there is a new clue each week. I dont want to start something that will take up a lot of my time so I need suggestions on what you do in between working on something like that. I have made hanging sleeves for all my projects that I have, finished up UFOs and really need to know what to work on.
    What is under your needle right now?
    Sandra

I've got a baby quilt to quilt and bind, a table runner that needs the same, a lap quilt that I have to sandwich and quilt, and I've decided to make sports bras for my nieces for Christmas - and I need to get an idea for my sister and get that done. Let's see how much I can get done before the next clue comes out.

tmw
    i'm making chapstick holders, I lost the sizes chart and am just making it a little at a time, it should be easier, there so little, I made one yesterday, and the tube just fits, I did put her name on it, two sisters are forever putting their tubes down and losing them,
    Thelma

Blog Entries
    I'm working on a pretty pastel/spring Churn Dash quilt. And, in between, stitching up some Christmas ornaments. And, quilting a lap size Christmas quilt. And, If that's not enough, Throw in a couple of quilted postcards. Still have a few things to finish before Christmas.
    My little shinning stars. Brantley, Kaylynn, and Emmalee

Well, I just changed my bobbin, so liturally speaking, nothing, LOL

I'm doing the Bonnie Hunter MQ too. If I finish any of the clues early I have a scrappy log cabin quilt I'm working on that I can pick up. I'm not even looking at my UFOs right now!
    Yesterday is history
    Tomorrow is a mystery
    Today is a Gift!

She who sews shall surely rip

A valance.....Just finished up my gal pal gifts for this weekend. Need to finish the valance (GS Christmas present) then unfortunately everything needs to be packed up and put away. My dining room is my sewing room, and with the holidays coming the two just can't mix. I'll still be able to cut and prep, but not much else!!

I am machine embroidering kitchen towels for little additions to christmas gifts. I had ordered some towels from colonial embroidery company with the stripes and they are coming out so cute. I am using the christmas critters program.

Tomorrow will be company and candy making with a very dear, long time friend who moved to california.
    Last edited by RedGarnet222; 12-07-2017 at 09:11 AM.
    RedGarnet222

"Take your needle, my child, and work at your pattern ... It will come out a rose by and by. Life is like that ...one stitch at a time, taken patiently."
    *Oliver Wendell Holms

Blog Entries
    Another 6" block!
    http://s1248.photobucket.com/albums/hh485/KitsieH/
    Never regret growing older, its a privilege denied to many.
    Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

Kitsie

Power Poster
    Nothing right now. I did some mending this week and I have a couple of things I could do but I am just not feeling like it. One is measure and get a big border put on a finished top and the other is sandwich a queen size quilt for FMQ.

I'm working on Bonnie's mystery quilt too. While I'm working on the weekly clues I use a leader/ender that are the border units for a baby quilt, so far I have 6 of the units done and I'm almost finished with clue #2.
    We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think. When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never leaves. Buddha

bj
    I’m busy remaking a quilt for my son’s exwife. It’s a grandmother’s flower garden that her mom made for her out of her dresses when she was little. Her mom didn’t put any quilting in it so all the batting separated and wadded up. I took the blocks apart, trimmed them up to be squares, cut batting the same size, cut different fabric squares 1” bigger all the way around, and am quilting each block individually and joining as a quilt as you go. On the back it will be a multi-colored checkerboard and on the front the “flowers” bordered in the back colors. What I have so far is looking nice. I think she’ll like it.
    If I'm too busy to quilt, something else has to go.

bj
    I didn’t answer you question. When I’m between projects, I make blocks that catch my fancy to see if I can make them or just for fun. I have a 13x13 project box that I keep background fabric and coordinating fabric in. When I get enough blocks made, I make a sampler quilt. I have 32 blocks toward my next quilt. I’m going for 42-48 before I put it together. Maybe 36 (0:
    If I'm too busy to quilt, something else has to go.

I am sewing up some Christmas dinner napkins. The half circle kind that fold into trees. Quick and easy!

Nothing right now. I had to go off my meds that tamp down my food reactiveness and felt horrible for a week. I'm just now starting to feel better and hope to finish up my Christmas gifts that I started way back in the summer but decided to make some for one more person.
    Patrice S

Nothing right now since I just got home from having eye surgery on my right eye, but hopefully by this weekend I’ll be back up and runninf. What I’ll be working on: Some fabric wrapped clothesline trivets on the Kenmore, some thread play on the PC 420 and the Bonnie Hunter mystery on the PQ1500s. If I get caught up on the BH then I’ll add the first few days of Dec. to my temperature quilt.

Rob
    1955 Singer Featherweight 221/ Late 60's early 70's White Selectronic 970/
    1975 Kenmore 158.1914/ 1981 Brother VX560/ Brother PC420PRW/
    Brother PQ1500s

Giant Pile of These...

Under my needle? A giant pile of these blocks have taken over my sewing corner... made up of every batik I own, this will be a MSQC Grand Adventure (Delectable Mountains) quilt but with black as the background and random batiks.
    ~Thats_It_I_Quilt!
    Attached Images Attached Images

I am working on a floral throw (an old but pretty BOM I found at a yard sale). As my leaders and enders I am making the "H's" of Bonnie Hunter's "H is for Happy" they are 3 1/2" unfinished so a great size for working in between. Have about 200 done so far. When I can't do a bigger project or just don't feel up to it, I can still do a few "H's". Makes me feel like I still accomplished something.

From a piecing standpoint, nothing right now.

From a longarm standpoint, I'm quilting the jellyroll diamonds that I posted elsewhere (UFO and Fabric Moratorium threads). I expect I'll finish that tonight, then that will be under the DSM for the binding. I'm doing a panto on it, and am on the next-to-last row.

I'm expecting the special backing for my Lone Star (Carolina Panthers colors) to come in on Friday. So, that will get loaded, SITD done to stabilize it, and then I'll be focusing on the custom work I'm planning on doing.

I'm saving all the clues from Bonnie's MQ, as well as the Autumn Evenings BOW. And I'm signed up for the "Stars over Baltimore" after the first of the year. So, no worries about something else to do... it's mostly trying to find the time to do it!!
    Leta in Upstate SC

Super Member quiltingshorttimer's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'm printing the BH directions and still need to find those coral fabrics--did not have ANY in my stash of those--did have the others. I've been too busy trying to catch up on Christmas deadline quilts for customers. Did get the tv throws quilted for g-boys yesterday and binding on table topper for brother's family. Had customer delivery a "rush" baby quilt tonight that has to be done by next week, plus have 2 sample quilts to quilt for LQS---so piecing between now and Christmas may not happen!

I also am doing Bonnie Hunter's mystery. I am also working on other things. I put together a baby quilt with blue and white squares yesterday and started pinning selvage blocks together to work on after getting clue 3 done.
    Retired teacher, loving it.
    Love quilting also.

[I] am making a doll sized quilt for my great granddaughter. It is a disappearing pinwheel done in rainbow colors from a charm pack by Patrick Lose. I am having fun with it. I plan to make or buy a bear to go in it.

Blog Entries
    Luckily I have room to have two machines set up in my new sewing space...I just finished the last of the 200 FG yesterday afternoon for BH’s mystery. DH will be gone this weekend to take care of his 97 yr old mother in Massachusetts so I get the whole house to myself. I desperately need to finish up my Christmas shopping and wrapping so I hope the clues this week are not too time consuming. One son and DIL live in California and the other son and DIL are in the Coast Guard in Key West so I need to get my packages mailed out.

My newest grandchild and first granddaughter was born Tuesday night... Karlie Joelle...so I will start a snuggly sack for her. The pattern is in Anna Marie Horner’s book ....Beginnings.
    attitude is everything...the rest will fall into place.

That Christmas quilt that I spent 4 days "unstitching"!!!!! My post about it is "Is Anyone as Lamebrained As Me"?

Sandra-P, do you have all your quilts labeled? That would be a small project to work on.

Karamarie, No I dont and that would be a great little project! Thank you! I am terrIible at putting labels on my quilts. The other thing I wish I had done is get a photo of each thing make.
    Sandra

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast