Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What is under your needle? >

What is under your needle?

What is under your needle?

Old 12-08-2017, 03:40 AM

[I] am making a doll sized quilt for my great granddaughter. It is a disappearing pinwheel done in rainbow colors from a charm pack by Patrick Lose. I am having fun with it. I plan to make or buy a bear to go in it.
Old 12-08-2017, 04:11 AM

Luckily I have room to have two machines set up in my new sewing space...I just finished the last of the 200 FG yesterday afternoon for BH’s mystery. DH will be gone this weekend to take care of his 97 yr old mother in Massachusetts so I get the whole house to myself. I desperately need to finish up my Christmas shopping and wrapping so I hope the clues this week are not too time consuming. One son and DIL live in California and the other son and DIL are in the Coast Guard in Key West so I need to get my packages mailed out.

My newest grandchild and first granddaughter was born Tuesday night... Karlie Joelle...so I will start a snuggly sack for her. The pattern is in Anna Marie Horner’s book ....Beginnings.
Old 12-08-2017, 04:20 AM
Power Poster

That Christmas quilt that I spent 4 days "unstitching"!!!!! My post about it is "Is Anyone as Lamebrained As Me"?
Old 12-08-2017, 04:50 AM

Sandra-P, do you have all your quilts labeled? That would be a small project to work on.
Old 12-08-2017, 04:53 AM

Karamarie, No I dont and that would be a great little project! Thank you! I am terrIible at putting labels on my quilts. The other thing I wish I had done is get a photo of each thing make.
Old 12-08-2017, 05:11 AM

I have Bonnie's mystery on my cutting table and ironing board, a dresden plate under my sewing machine needle, a primitive embroidery project next to my TV chair, a crumb quilt 1/2 quilted with my sashiko, and another waiting to go to the LA in January because she is too booked up in December. So depending on my mood and physical condition to sit, stand or move, I always have something to putter on. And as long as there is no deadline, I just play and have fun,
Old 12-08-2017, 05:12 AM

In between the Bonnie Hunter clues, I am trying to finish quilting a baby quilt of snow babies. I have one more row of blocks and the border to quilt to finish that up. It is a charity quilt.
Old 12-08-2017, 06:18 AM

I'm working on the pumpkin seed seeds and also a sq.in sq. in sq blocks....both done in scrappy and I want to get DH's quilt quilted so I will be working on that as well, plus my GD is coming over to work on a small quilt she wants to make for her mother. I can't wait to work with her!!!!
Old 12-08-2017, 06:39 AM

I'm trying to finish quilting FMQing basketballs on the Duke baby quilt for our expectant grandson in February. His parents graciously bought us tickets to Seattle for an early Christmas and I know our son-in-law will love this quilt. I had the great idea to use my 4" clam shell ruler on one row, then reverse on the next for 4" circles. Did the "seam" down the middle and am now finishing the arcs on the top and bottom. Tedious but turning out cute. The backing is all orange basketballs on a Duke blue background. The front is Duke focal fabric in a Warm Wishes pattern with blue, white and orange strips. Will post a picture when I am done. Also have 3 fabric frenzy tablerunners to quilt and a gadget cushion to fill with ground walnut shells.
Old 12-08-2017, 06:49 AM

I too am working on the Bonnie Hunter mystery quilt, my alternate sewing is making microwave bowls. A couple of inches of snow is expected this evening so between Bonnie's new clue and the bowls I should be busy this weekend.

Jan