Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What is under your needle? >

What is under your needle?

What is under your needle?

Old 12-08-2017, 01:17 PM

Time, you just reminded me that I was making Chapstick lipstick holders and never finished.. Couldn't get the zipper to look right on the LIPS pieces! Ugh
Old 12-08-2017, 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by Cheesehead View Post
I too am working on the Bonnie Hunter mystery quilt, my alternate sewing is making microwave bowls. A couple of inches of snow is expected this evening so between Bonnie's new clue and the bowls I should be busy this weekend.

Jan
Jan, I am working on microwave bowls as well between Bonnie Hunter clues. I also have a practice sandwich under the 201 for more ruler practice. I am slowly forming the designs I want on my blue Quilting Bee block quilt.
Old 12-08-2017, 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by tscweaves View Post
Jan, I am working on microwave bowls as well between Bonnie Hunter clues. I also have a practice sandwich under the 201 for more ruler practice. I am slowly forming the designs I want on my blue Quilting Bee block quilt.
Theresa I haven't done any ruler work on anything as of yet, I love the effects it brings to a quilt. I am however practicing FMQ on each sandwich and trying new designs.

I have many of the vintage machines that you have but just haven't used them for FMQ yet...all in good time I hope!
Old 12-08-2017, 03:54 PM

I am quilting this Zig Zag quilt that I am making for a friend's daughter. Won't be done by Christmas but have come to terms about that and am just doing my best. Lately I don't seem to have any "in between" times. Always have a quilt to make for someone. I'm doing SID with my walking foot around the white strips right now.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]584959[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails img_4140.jpg  
Old 12-08-2017, 04:41 PM

Which needle? Singer 301 - a baby quilt being FMQed with a wedding quilt next in line. 15 clone - a different wedding quilt in the early stages of piecing. Can't make any errors because I cut several of the fabrics right down to an inch or so left. Elna - rice bags of quilting fabrics with fleece covers for Christmas presents.
Old 12-08-2017, 04:55 PM

I am working on 3 tee shirt quilts in memory of my sister in law who passed away a year ago. I made three tee shirt qilts from her husbands tee shirts when he died 4 years ago, one for each of their 3 boys. When their mom passed, they asked if I had 3 more quilt ideas and would I please.... Of course, I will.
Old 12-08-2017, 07:27 PM

I'm putting binding on a UFO, looking for the backing for another UFO and making the binding and label for it also. Then it will go to the quilter. I have one at the quilter, will put on the binding and the label when it comes back. I'm also piecing a Pineapple quilt. Have about 40 blocks done and many more to do. Just bought the designs to put on kitchen towels. Found 28 towels in a closet waiting for this step. Now I have to figure out how to work my new embroidery machine. Just finished sewing out all the stitches for my new machine and made a stitch book. I usually have many projects going at the same time. Never lack for anything to do!
Old 12-08-2017, 07:49 PM

I have a Christmas Lonestar quilt on my longarm frame as we speak. I just finished a Cabin Themed tree skirt of my DS and his girlfriend, then I have two Christmas table runners on the list to start and finish for Christmas gifts for friends. Is there anyone else as eleventh hour as me 😖 :-). ?
Old 12-08-2017, 08:56 PM

In between times or just when I don't feel like thinking too much I work on a scrappy log cabin. The strips are 1 1/4in. wide and each block is 6in. I cut the strips from scraps after a project.
Old 12-08-2017, 09:09 PM

I'm working on the mystery quilt too! But I'm also working on a few Linus project quilts. I stopped by my local group and picked up some fabric that's been calling to me! I started cutting out some of the fabric this morning for a fun kids quilt. I don't typically make the SMALL units that Bonnie designs with. After concentrating on the littles, sewing something bigger is relaxing! The linus quilt has squares and hour glass units.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]584977[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails beaded-cascade-small.bmp