Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What's your weakness (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/whats-your-weakness-t15687.html)

user3587 01-22-2009 05:27 AM

I'm not sure if this is in the right topic but it does have something to do with quilting. I'm sure this topic has been discussed before but us new members can chime in:
What is your weakness when it comes to shopping for quilting supplies, items, etc.
I can't seem to stay away from patterns. Even though there are tons of free patterns online I still have to fight with myself over not buying patterns. I see a quilt pattern knowing I'll probably never get around to making it I still want it. I'm getting better at not giving in to my addiction but it's hard. If I were superwoman I have enough patterns to make a different quilt everyday for a couple of years. (maybe more). What is your addiction and how do you handle it?

sandpat 01-22-2009 05:33 AM

Oh my....I think mine is FQ's. I see all those pretty folded up pieces of fabric and my hand just seems to pick them up and add them to a pile by the cash register. (Yesterday at the LQS..she had to ring me up twice :lol: )... I just love them...a little of this, a little of that... So the way I handle my weakness is obvious...I buy 'em :lol: :lol:

Quilter101 01-22-2009 05:40 AM

Hmm
Fabric if it is at a good price, like under 5.00 a yard, I buy it. Batting, and thread. Right now, I'm working at less talking about it, and more doing. Does that make sense?
There is a quilt shop right down the street from my parents bookstore, and we go there 2 times a week :twisted:

mgshaw 01-22-2009 05:42 AM

Wow, I dont think I could narrow it done to one thing!!! Quilting in general is my weakness, the fabric, the patterns, the rulers and all the gizmos! :lol: I am just so WEAK!!!!!! :lol:

bj 01-22-2009 05:48 AM

I'm with sandpat. My weakness is fat quarters. I just love the randomness of them. I buy yardage with projects in mind...I buy fq's because they're just fun.

pocoellie 01-22-2009 06:07 AM

I'd have to say fabric I like on sale.

sewjoyce 01-22-2009 06:49 AM

My weakness is fabric -- charm squares, FQ, yardage -- I need it all :twisted: :twisted:

sharon b 01-22-2009 07:13 AM

FABRIC ! Especially on sale is my HUGE weakness ! LOL I have more fabric than I could ever use, but still I HAVE to buy more.. :lol: :D :lol: A fabricoholic group has been started on this board and I signed up right, but so far it hasn't helped any :cry: Maybe staying out of stores would be a better way to start my rehab :wink:
Sharon

Rose Marie 01-22-2009 07:22 AM

I dont have a husband to control my spending so its tough trying to keep myself from going overboard.
I buy notions that I dont need but someday will.
I buy fabric just because I want it.
I want an embroidery machine just so I can do fancy designs on the blocks. I dont have room for a quilting frame. The cost is about the same for both. So that is on hold.
I want everything to do with quilting.

Barbm 01-22-2009 07:22 AM

sharon- there is no cure, just go with the flow.

I think my weakness is... my obsession with everything quilting. Fabric, notions, sewing machines, batting, patterns, books, I just can't get enough of it all.

I think it's just because when I learn something new, I need to master it and know everything there is about it. So it's probably not an obsession but some big learning curve that takes years before I can feel confident to call myself a "Quilter".