Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   When in Paducah - Eleanor Burns Shop (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/when-paducah-eleanor-burns-shop-t41733.html)

stitchinwitch 04-06-2010 06:56 AM

Originally Posted by raptureready
She's far funnier in person than on her show. I saw her last year.

Why can't you go rapture? Just drive south to Paducah! Paducah is just over the border from Illinois - 15 minutes tops!

stitchinwitch 04-06-2010 06:57 AM

Originally Posted by stitchinwitch

Originally Posted by raptureready
She's far funnier in person than on her show. I saw her last year.

Why can't you go rapture? Just drive south to Paducah! Paducah is just over the border from Illinois - 15 minutes tops!

oops! wrong person - sorry

:oops:

BellaBoo 04-06-2010 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by nursie76
Hubby wouldn't let me pay to go back to the show the next day just to get her signature....sigh.

? I can't imagine DH not letting me do anything unless he suddenly developed a brain tumor that took over his reasoning. :lol:

Rose Marie 04-06-2010 08:00 AM

When she comes out with new books on her website you can order ahead of time for a signed copy.
I got the Victory Quilt book that way.
No way I can get to Paducah.

nursie76 04-06-2010 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo

Originally Posted by nursie76
Hubby wouldn't let me pay to go back to the show the next day just to get her signature....sigh.

? I can't imagine DH not letting me do anything unless he suddenly developed a brain tumor that took over his reasoning. :lol:

Oh u r too funny. I guess I really shouldn't blame him, he did say , I can' t see spending the money just for that, but if it's what u want....." Course then he reminded me that there would most likely be a line and since we were leaving for home in Early afternoon it would severely cut into our time to see the secondary quilt show at the Continental inn and all the other fabulous lqs's ... Opps! He had me there lol

BellaBoo 04-06-2010 10:33 AM

Husbands know their way around us don't they? LOL

raptureready 04-06-2010 11:11 AM

Or do we just let them think they do????
I'm going to Paducah but just for one day. I'd love to go down and spend a couple of days there. Being half Kentuckian (on my momma's side) I love it down there. It's been 9 years since I've been down there for more than just a day. I went to the quilt show in Paducah last year and the year before a whole bunch of people from church went to the Creation Museum in St. Petersburg, Ky. Boy, that was a cool place to see. I especially loved the small part of the Ark that was built to scale.
And the hands of Methuselah. They used a 90 some year old man as a hand model.

nursie76 04-06-2010 06:37 PM

Mine sure does!!!!!!! Course on Saturday, he'd had 34 years experience...on the other hand, I am no slouch at working him around to see things my way if I feel very strongly about it, either :wink:

wvdek 04-06-2010 07:14 PM

Like the analogy that she is the Bob Ross of quilting.
way. I never thought of it that way.

Come to think of it, when I watch her show, as I did his, I do go away feeling better.

Longarm 04-07-2010 04:26 AM

I met Eleanor Burns at Madison, Wisconsin quilting expo in 2008, she was the nicest. Billie Lauder, Kaye Woods and several others were there also, all the ladies were the nicest people. This was also true when I was in Pigeon Forge one year. I love to go to the big shows they are so fantastic, wish I could go to Paducah some year.

Longarm