Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Where are the 108" wide fabrics in JoAnn's? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/where-108-wide-fabrics-joanns-t205038.html)

LavenderBlue 11-04-2012 04:09 AM

Where are the 108" wide fabrics in JoAnn's?

Made a quick stop at JoAnn's last night and did not take the time to ask, but where in your store do they keep these wide fabrics? THX

katier825 11-04-2012 05:10 AM

In my local Joann's, the wide fabrics are located with the muslin fabrics.

pumpkinpatchquilter 11-04-2012 05:28 AM

Does your Jo Ann's have a section for quilter's quality fabrics? We have just a small Jo Ann's here but I often go up to the one in the closest big city to us, a Jo Ann's Etc., and both keep their backing fabrics by the quilter's cottons. They are usually more expensive, like $16 a yard, and kept in a separate area from the calico wall.

DebraK 11-04-2012 05:43 AM

same here. With the broad cloths and muslins.

karenpatrick 11-04-2012 05:48 AM

In my Joanns they are with the muslins and are on the very top shelf and they only have 3 or 4 bolts, none of it very pretty. When I bought the piece I bought, It was cut so badly that I lost over a foot of fabric. They wouldn't take it back since I had washed it.

Beebee 11-04-2012 06:08 AM

In my Joanns they are tucked away among other fabrics...you have to ask. And by the way they only have 3 choices all the same pattern just different colors. You would do better getting on line and finding other vendors.

117becca 11-04-2012 06:08 AM

Wow Karen - Consider writing their home office and raise a major stink. A foot off is horrible to not get some compensation out of it. I am very careful when i buy from JoAnn's anymore because they are more concerned about not giving up one single extra inch of fabric instead of making sure it's straight. I always buy an extra 1/8 to 1/4 yd to make sure, but that would not have even been enough.

Treasureit 11-04-2012 06:10 AM

Look online...there are some reasonable prices too...I can't remember who I was just looking at..Connecting Threads maybe or....someone on here will know.

Holice 11-04-2012 06:43 AM

This just supports my aggrivation at cutting wide backing. You can't just cut it off as the double/double fold does not keep it straight. So when you buy wide backing rom any store make sure they refold and cut it so you have a minimum loss. I agrue with my local store all the time as I usually loose 6" on one end and another 6 on the other. they usually say "we add extra for this" but it never happens. So be sure it is cut corectly. I usualy as that they tare the fabric to make sure I get ehat I pay for.

Lori S 11-04-2012 06:52 AM

My JoAnns has very very few wide backings( 3 or 4 that are colored prints)... and it seems they are always changing the location.. I have to ask every time. The only exception is the wide muslin.. its usually with the other muslin... notice I said usually.