Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Where can I buy one throat plate screw? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/where-can-i-buy-one-throat-plate-screw-t76096.html)

AlwaysQuilting 11-13-2010 07:52 AM

I've lost the little screw that holds the throat plate secure on my Pfaff 2170.
My LQS doesn't have any.
Does anyone know where I can buy just one?
Thanks-

Shelley 11-13-2010 07:53 AM

Have you checked with a dealer? Their repair shops usually have pieces sitting around.

MZStitch 11-13-2010 07:56 AM

I agree, call any shop that does repairs on machines, you should be able to get one easily.

KathyAire 11-13-2010 08:08 AM

The screw on the throat plate of my long arm is the same thing used on the light switch covers. I just learned that on Tuesday. Try it on your machine.

BellaBoo 11-13-2010 08:12 AM

A hardware store will more then likely have the screw. You'll need to know what size it is and the thread count but they are cheap and you can buy several different sizes and take back what doesn't fit. I found a the light bulb that fits in my featherweight and Singer 301 at Ace Hardware.

featherweight 11-13-2010 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
A hardware store will more then likely have the screw. You'll need to know what size it is and the thread count but they are cheap and you can buy several different sizes and take back what doesn't fit. I found a the light bulb that fits in my featherweight and Singer 301 at Ace Hardware.

I too recommend Ace Hardware. I always say if Ace doesn't have it no one does...

amma 11-13-2010 09:47 AM

The guys at Ace have been very helpful to me many, many times over the years.
They have saved me a LOT of money too :D:D:D

featherweight 11-13-2010 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by amma
The guys at Ace have been very helpful to me many, many times over the years.
They have saved me a LOT of money too :D:D:D

Amma, You and me both!! If they can't help they sure try to find someone that can. Beth

AlwaysQuilting 11-13-2010 12:45 PM

I just went to both ACE and Lowe's hardware stores.
They had screws that looked like they'd be the right size, but even though I took the needleplate with me they admitted they were guessing.
I bought 3 different size screws but none of them work. One is soooo close but just a teeny bit too skinny.
But I did find someone on ebay who'll sell me 2 screws for $12 and postage!!
I'd hate to pay that much though.
I guess I'll just keep sewing without the needleplate screwed down. It doesn't seem to affect anything.

featherweight 11-13-2010 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by AlwaysQuilting
I just went to both ACE and Lowe's hardware stores.
They had screws that looked like they'd be the right size, but even though I took the needleplate with me they admitted they were guessing.
I bought 3 different size screws but none of them work. One is soooo close but just a teeny bit too skinny.
But I did find someone on ebay who'll sell me 2 screws for $12 and postage!!
I'd hate to pay that much though.
I guess I'll just keep sewing without the needleplate screwed down. It doesn't seem to affect anything.

OMG!! I think for that price, I would go without too!!