Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Where does everyone buy their batting by the roll? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/where-does-everyone-buy-their-batting-roll-t189579.html)

WMUTeach 05-22-2012 02:54 AM

I get mine at JoAnn's. This past weekend I had a 60% off coupon and a 50% in store weekend coupon and walked off with two large roles that should keep me going for a month or so while I attach my unfinished pile of of quilts. I have been purchasing Cream and something or something and Cream. Can't remember the name. I like the Warm and Natural but the store that carries it is farther away than JoAnn's and seldom has a 50% off coupon. I keep finding tops that are finished but not layered and quilted. Now, how does that happen? I have vowed to get some of these finished and out of the way this summer before starting new projects. Hang on new projects..... I am coming!

Cindy60545 05-22-2012 03:07 AM

I diddo the Marshall's Dry Goods for bulk rolls of Hobbs 80/20. They have some other battings, but I'm not sure of the manufacture. Quilter's Dream is one of the better bats out there for drapability. But Hobbs is one of the widest used. Warm & Natural is also up there in popularity too. I keep an eye on prices & try to get it on sale whenever I can.

OmaForFour 05-22-2012 03:09 AM

Go to wholesalequiltbatting.com and see what you think of their prices. They have several brands with lots of kinds.

Amythyst02 05-22-2012 03:43 AM

Just watching this thread as well I need the helpful hints too : )

clsurz 05-22-2012 03:47 AM

Warm and Natural........at JoAnn's when I have a 50% coupon.

What imperfection are you talking about on the Warm and Natural?

Love it and have never gotten a roll with imperfections in it.

tlstick 05-22-2012 03:59 AM

overstock.com.... shipping is never more than $2.99 and sometimes a dollar or free. Now I am talking a bolt and I think it's a good price. I live rural so 100 miles round trip for me to get batting ect. that 10 yards of fuse able fleece for $52.00 seems very reasonable.

pinebeltquilter 05-22-2012 04:27 AM

I try to buy mine when Hancock's has theirs on sale. If yo can only buy one item, I will buy a roll of batting, warm & natural or warm and white. I have been able to buy several rols by doing this.

reginalovesfabric 05-22-2012 04:43 AM

I buy a 30 yard 108" wide roll from Linda Taylor at www.equilters.com
( I think that is the correct site) I can get around 10-13 or so full to queen size quilts and some baby quilts and if I do some baby quilts I piece the batting together as not to waste it. If interested I will double check the site's address or google Linda Taylor, she's in Texas

hoppa 05-22-2012 04:52 AM

I bought my roll from Hancocks last time it was on sale

Latrinka 05-22-2012 05:43 AM

Originally Posted by Neesie (Post 5231388)
I bought Warm & White, at Hobby Lobby, with a 40% off coupon.

Same here!