Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Where does everyone buy their batting by the roll? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/where-does-everyone-buy-their-batting-roll-t189579.html)

jeemmerling621 05-20-2012 08:05 PM

Where does everyone buy their batting by the roll?

I am on my second roll. The first was Warm & Natural, and the current one is Quilter's Dream. I didn't like the little imperfection things on the Warm & Natural, and the Quilter's Dream is just way too stretchy. I'm about 3/4 of the way through the QD, so need to start thinking about getting another roll. I'm thinking about going with Warm & White because the W&N didn't stretch and it kinda clung to the quilt top when i put it on the longarm, which I liked.

Anyway, I want to know where everyone has found the cheapest prices for their batting.

scraphappydenise 05-20-2012 08:08 PM

Have you tried the Hobbs warm blend? I find it JoAnns when they do their 40 or 50 percent off. it is a thin batting... but not as stiff as the warm and natural.
For baby quilts, I like the Soft and Bright... it has a bit more loft, and is also much softer than than the warm and natural. I have a roll of all three right now....

Neesie 05-20-2012 08:28 PM

I bought Warm & White, at Hobby Lobby, with a 40% off coupon.

NanaCsews2 05-20-2012 08:40 PM

Warm and white for me too. No imperfections found and I am about 3/4 of the way through a 45 x 40 yd roll bought at Joann's. Like you stated, it does cling to the fabric, which gives it wonderful layering qualities when combined with spray basting.

DianneK 05-21-2012 03:28 AM

Oh, I was hoping some of you were buying LARGE rolls of batting and could give me advice. I get mine directly from Hobbs, but have to order 4 rolls or boxes to get a good price and affordable shipping. I only use Hobbs 80/20 and their polydown. Learned my lesson trying to use cheaper battings.

ka9sdn 05-21-2012 04:07 AM

I buy the warm and natural on line from Joann's when they have it 50% off and free shipping. It is the 90" wide by 40 yds so it lasts me a while. It comes UPS so I don't have to haul it home in my car--just drag it to my sewing studio. I don't find the dark flecks any bother unless it is a white quilt then I will get the white warm and natural.

Joset 05-21-2012 04:45 AM

it is a little more expensive. i buy my roll from our lqs.

DebraK 05-21-2012 05:50 AM

I do the same

0tis 05-21-2012 06:04 AM

I bought the warm and natural from Joanns with the 50% off - had it sent to my home - it is 90" wide by 40 yds - I love it - also I live 1 1/2 hrs away from anything that sells batting so this works for me.

qwkslver 05-21-2012 06:43 AM

joann's

Originally Posted by 0tis (Post 5231992)
I bought the warm and natural from Joanns with the 50% off - had it sent to my home - it is 90" wide by 40 yds - I love it - also I live 1 1/2 hrs away from anything that sells batting so this works for me.

I certainly know where NOT to buy it now. I can't find it at Joann's any more by the roll. They had some on the roll and you picked how many yards you wanted. It seems to have gone up though. I'm sure I didn't pay that much for it last time I bought it, even at 40% off.