Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Where is it?? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/where-t198895.html)

bearisgray 08-28-2012 11:07 AM

I don't 'need' those pieces of fabric - although I did have something in mind for them.

Ever wonder why we say 'it's the last place we looked'? I say it, too.

But when I think about it, it seems to be a reasonable statement - even though most of us don't look any more places after we've found whatever!

lynnie 08-28-2012 11:08 AM

My solution, go buy more...you're sure to find it

mdall 08-28-2012 11:20 AM

Been there, done that. I have done this some many times I am assumed to count them. Most of the time its stuff I use on a regular basis and have just had it in may hand then the phone rings or someone comes to the door and it disappears. Most of the time its due to me carrying it with me to answer said door or phone. I once lost the remote to my television. A couple hours later after searching and searching even enlisting DH to help couldn't find it. We just forgot about it and delt with changing the channels the old fashioned way, DH then went to get a snack and guess where he found it. In the freezer. Evidently when I went to get myself a bowl of ice cream earlier that day I stuck it in there. Why, dont know but there it was. We had a good laugh over it even though he then figured out why the ice cream in the house was always disappearing so fast.LOL

MattieMae 08-28-2012 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by bearisgray (Post 5473988)
.......that I'm reasonably sure that I still have some of.......

That’s the part that stands out to me. I searched everywhere for a Thimbleberries fabric I knew I had bought. I eventually stopped looking and then remembered I had used it up in a border on another project...:o

Jackie Spencer 08-28-2012 01:13 PM

Almost everytime I can not find something..... Its because it is under something. I do it all the time, and when I find it its under something!!

alisonquilts 08-28-2012 01:39 PM

I am reasonably sure that your fabric is in a safe place. A safe place is where I put things that I especially do not want to lose and want to be able to find immediately when I need them. Unfortunately a safe place moves around, and I am rarely able to find anything I put there. I bought a DVD for my daughter, the sixth DVD in a series, and put it in a safe place until an appropriate gift-giving holiday arrived. Needless to say, I have never found it (going on three years now). I even have the receipt for the DVD so I know I didn't just dream I bought it, and I refuse to buy a replacement...because I know the original is here, in a safe place.

I hope you have better luck with your fabric search!

Alison

Marilynsue 08-28-2012 02:01 PM

Oh my dear, you are sooooo normal! I don't know what I'd do if things stayed where they belonged. I'm always looking for something.

lfstamper 08-28-2012 02:02 PM

Are you sure you did not sell it to me by mistake...lol. Hope it turns up.

Sewnoma 08-28-2012 02:33 PM

I'm another "finder" and I usually know where everything is, to a crazy degree. But boy...when I lose something...it is LOST. And I panic horribly because I'm not used to not knowing where something important is!

Usually it's lost because someone (meaning, my husband) moved it into a weird place and then forgot about it. I "lost" my wallet somewhere in the house once, and found it a year later...he had put it into a box with a bunch of CD's we had also "lost" and other misc. household junk and put it up into the hall closet. Why? He was "cleaning up". Aaaahhhh!!! I fretted over that lost wallet for MONTHS!!

So hopefully my husband didn't come over and "clean up" at your place. If so, you'll find it (and everything else you've been missing) all lumped together somewhere, in about a year or so. :D

Jan in VA 08-28-2012 02:51 PM

Is it possible they are folded up together with another fabric? In my shop we used to stack our fabrics when we cut. Sometimes a customer would get home and couldn't find one or another piece she was sure she bought, and then call us. Always we told her to shake open every piece and the one she wanted would fall out. And it did!
Hope you find it.:)

Jan in VA