Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Where is it?? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/where-t198895.html)

Neesie 08-29-2012 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by maviskw (Post 5476043)
I was looking for my invisible thread a few years back. Looked all over and couldn't find it. Forgot about it and then found it later and said to myself, "Oh, that's a good place for it, I'll leave it there." Later I was looking for it again and couldn't remember where this "good" place was.
A few days later, I was with friends in a restaurant, and told them that I couldn't find my invisible thread. Well, that hit Grace's funny bone, and she giggled for ten minutes. Of course I couldn't find it; it's invisible! I still git a giggle when I think about that.
I now remember where it is! It's in a small ring box with a top that springs shut.This keeps the thread from unwinding. A good place! ! !

That is pretty funny!!! :D :D

rosiewell 08-29-2012 03:31 PM

yes, I bought two yards of fabric that I really like 3 months ago, washed it, ironed it and I never saw it again!

blueheavenfla 08-29-2012 04:03 PM

YEP! I have misplaced the fabric that I bought for our charm square exchange next month...time is flying and I can't find it.

Sierra 08-29-2012 04:06 PM

No! I never have problems like that. I.... what is it we are talking about????.... oh, yes... no I don't misplace things, ever. But I have a husband and a dog who pretend to be really nice people (well they both really do) and they can't keep anything where it was.... Oh I feel slightly disturbed.... I need a glass of water! WHO MOVED MY WATER GLASS!

(enough said?)

caspharm 08-29-2012 04:39 PM

It's called putting it somewhere safe, so you can find it later. (you just don't know how much later:))

1screech 08-29-2012 06:00 PM

It is there...I spend half my life looking for that safe place I put things in and then can't find them. When I forget about it, I can usually go right to it later.

quilting in my60s 08-29-2012 06:11 PM

You don't suppose this has anything to do with the aging process?? Nah, couldn't be. I had a ruler/template for circles, the one where you lay it on the fold and cut or make with a pencil the size circle you need. I can't find it anywhere, been missing a couple of years and I am determined not to buy another one! I also am missing my spindle that fits on sewing machine for the spools of thread that have the large hole, that one I think fell into my wastebasket!

captlynhall 08-29-2012 06:12 PM

A couple of weeks ago, I lost my embroidery scissors. I had just been using them to snip frayed ends off fabrics and then suddenly they are gone. I looked here and there, even checked the trash cans in the sewing room and laundry room. Looked in every drawer, twice. Checked on the floor under the quilt in the frames. I was beginning to wonder about myself. (I have been doing that a lot lately). Then I decided to look thru some fabric I had pre-cut for pillow cases and low and behold, there they were, right in the middle of the bunch. I was very happy to have them back, but I can't for the life of me figure out how they got there.

RugosaB 08-29-2012 08:22 PM

I am convinced I had a million dollars before my car accident (TBI) but just can't remember what I did with it. It's going to turn up any day now.

beatys9 08-29-2012 08:30 PM

Yep. Spent about 45 minutes doing the very same thing tonight. I have the perfect fabric for some pillowcases I'm working on tonight but who knows where I put it!