Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   while quilting my house goes to pot ..any one else ? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/while-quilting-my-house-goes-pot-any-one-else-t224463.html)

chairjogger 06-25-2013 03:27 AM

while quilting my house goes to pot ..any one else ?

My dishes are done..mainly to cook dinner again.Laundry is done, I can prove that for the mountain on the couch. Ground level..I keep my drapes shut..bi-level house. Grandkids toys out for days without them here..no I don'have the one and 18-month olds pick up..grandma's house is fun..not a teaching place for the amount of time I have to take off quilting ! I do not like dead lines.self imposed or by request.

ArlaJo 06-25-2013 03:44 AM

My laundry is done and the bathroom clean. Dishes are hubby's job. And I did vacuum the sewing room this week. Its clean enough to live in.... LET'S QUILT

Bneighbor 06-25-2013 03:53 AM

Originally Posted by chairjogger (Post 6142100)
My dishes are done..mainly to cook dinner again.Laundry is done, I can prove that for the mountain on the couch. Ground level..I keep my drapes shut..bi-level house. Grandkids toys out for days without them here..no I don'have the one and 18-month olds pick up..grandma's house is fun..not a teaching place for the amount of time I have to take off quilting ! I do not like dead lines.self imposed or by request.

You described my house, except without the children's toys--dog toys instead. Hubby wants socks, well those are in the laundry basket in the spare room-- underwear too-- fold them while you are in there if that is important to you. There are 4 baskets in there to fold--git-r-done! Dishes are done, bathrooms--- well the health department would not give it the white glove, but then , I did not invite them in. Deadlines? I enjoy the swishing noise they make as they fly by!
Truly, when you look deep, our houses may not be magazine cover ready, but it is lived in by people who enjoy life. I will get the laundry folded, the bathrooms will be cleaned, the house will sparkle, but not today.

SmickChick 06-25-2013 04:02 AM

My sewing room always looks like a hurricane just hit. Can't even imagine what friends have as a first impression...OMG!

nanna-up-north 06-25-2013 04:13 AM

Yep, I can understand! Yesterday, I finished a couple of tops .... ready to sandwich and quilt. But that will have to wait cause my granddaughter and her family will be here on Saturday for a week's visit..... no quilting this week. Anyway, I cleaned up my sewing area and put away the tops. My DH came in and said, things really look nice in here. Most of the time, I'm too busy quilting to do all that other stuff!

valleyquiltermo 06-25-2013 04:17 AM

Laundry, dishes and bathrooms always done. I can walk on scraps of fabric that don't bug me. But I don't want to walk on piles of laundry, No room to leave it in baskets or I would, I hate folding clothes. Can't stand to wake up to dirty dishes, also have a real dislike to dirty bathrooms. Thats just me.

WandaVA 06-25-2013 04:32 AM

Before I became addicted to quilting, my house was always immaculate! Now, it gets a lick and a promise (spring and fall cleaning are more thorough). I decided that, when I am gone, no one will remember the clean house...but people will (hopefully) cherish the quilts I have made for them.

HillCountryGal 06-25-2013 04:35 AM

Exactly WandaVA...
Haven't been to one cemetary and found a headstone that says "She was a good housekeeper".
:eek:

dd 06-25-2013 04:42 AM

My drapes aren't pulled. What are you talking about? lol

tessagin 06-25-2013 04:52 AM

Once I was told the dishes had been in the sink for 3 days. My hands were sore after very busy days at salon. I told him he could stick them where the sun didn't shine. Next day he installed a dishwasher because there were butcher knives in the sink and he thought a dishwasher would be less painful. If he gets to the clean clothes before I do, he puts his own undergarments away unfolded. His thinking is, if anyone can see the wrinkles in his shorts they have "REALLY" invaded his space. I always give the house a lick and a promise to do better the next time.