Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Who can say: "The blood droplets on the quilt are mine?" (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/who-can-say-%22-blood-droplets-quilt-mine-%22-t43563.html)

Candace 04-22-2010 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by MadQuilter
I'm usually good on the bloody bits but redwine is a killer too.

I did that a few weeks ago!

dsb38327 04-22-2010 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by Up North
Good thing today was practice on my treadle, I put my finger where no one should, to straighten the fabric (under the screw for the needle) at the same time I pushed the peddle Yikes a chunk of finger missing and blood a pourin! It was a small practice piece as I was working to adjust the tension. But yikes it coulda been bad on a quilt! I have also poked myself alot hand quilting and spit it is most of the time to remove it, don't worry I wash them!! LOL

Ouch!!!!!!!! I am sorry that happened. Been there too!
I didn't know about the spit but I made friends with bandages early in my career. One pin prick can put tiny dots in lots of places.

dsb38327 04-22-2010 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by Marjpf
I also get the bleeding hang nails because my skin will get so dry from handling the fabric. I learned a long time ago that the best way to remove blood from fabric is with your own spit. Good thing I wash them after!

I have seen posts on sewing gloves. I am going to check them out. After my California King I almost had no fingerprints left.

Oklahoma Suzie 04-22-2010 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by dsb38327

Originally Posted by MadQuilter
I'm usually good on the bloody bits but redwine is a killer too.

I am soooooo laughing!

me too

sewcrafty 04-22-2010 04:05 PM

Oxi-Clean Pre wash does great on blood. My son wrestles and his singlets are white. More than one kid he was wresting got a bloody nose all over the singlet. Sprayed, washed, ALL GONE!!

Boston1954 04-22-2010 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by dsb38327
Does everyone keep a box of bandages in the sewing room?How many times have we:
Pricked ourselves with the pins and needles.
Ran the rotary cutter across our skin in one form or fashion.
Those scissors are sharp! They cut right where you tell them to!
Snippers. I guess so!
And then there is the seam ripper. It does gouge doesn't it?
Want to add to the list?

I have been very lucky that the rotary cutter has not attacked me. I cannot say so about the pins. And yes, I do keep bandaids in the sewing box.

janedennis 04-22-2010 04:36 PM

I always tell my grandchildren that grammy made this with her own blood sweat and tears cause its true always those three things go into a good quilt.

MegsAnn 04-22-2010 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by Marjpf
I also get the bleeding hang nails because my skin will get so dry from handling the fabric. I learned a long time ago that the best way to remove blood from fabric is with your own spit. Good thing I wash them after!

Ditto on the spit. I wash 'em after too... but in the moment, before the stain sets it's a great ole solution.

Ladybugnana 04-22-2010 08:22 PM

my problem would be coffee also. Kittens love to crawl in my lap as I sew on the machine and then bump my arm for attention. errrrrr.

vickig626 04-23-2010 06:37 AM

I even bought the little "round" bandages to keep in my drawer. They are perfect for when I poke myself with the quilting pins - those really make a good size hole in my finger.