Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Who can say: "The blood droplets on the quilt are mine?" (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/who-can-say-%22-blood-droplets-quilt-mine-%22-t43563.html)

wolverine 04-23-2010 06:43 AM

If you put your own saliva or peroxide on that little droplet it will come right off. I have done this many times. The treatment works great. No one will ever know.

vickig626 04-23-2010 08:07 AM

Great tip!! Thanks.

Originally Posted by wolverine
If you put your own saliva or peroxide on that little droplet it will come right off. I have done this many times. The treatment works great. No one will ever know.

:thumbup:

LBryan13790 04-23-2010 08:13 AM

Ever accidentally put 2 new blades on the rotary cutter? Not only do you keep wondering "why is it cutting so funny", but when you go to try and fix it, you are rewarded with two parallel cuts on the finger from the brand new blades!!

Thank goodness for bandaids, although I can only usually find Hello Kitty or Princess ones!

LucyInTheSky 04-23-2010 08:13 AM

Sewing machine needle + not paying attention (on the phone) = multiple injuries. Worst was when the foot was up, I got myself caught on the needle a little, and somehow in trying to free myself, I ... (shudder)... dropped the foot.

I told my boyfriend if he's over and something like that happens, SAVE THE QUILT. Unless I'm losing a limb, protect the quilt first and free me 2nd. And he thought I was kidding, but blood doesn't come out easily and I can always be patched up. Plus that way I can focus on freeing me without worrying about the quilt.

One thing that will happen when I hand stitch is I'll go through the top layer of skin on the end of my thumb. It doesn't hurt, I don't notice as it happens (feels like a normal slight needle prick) and I'll pull away but the thread will be through my finger. Grosses other people out, but I think it's sort of cool (since no blood and doesn't hurt). I've done that a few times.

judithb 04-23-2010 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by Marjpf
I also get the bleeding hang nails because my skin will get so dry from handling the fabric. I learned a long time ago that the best way to remove blood from fabric is with your own spit. Good thing I wash them after!

LOL! Think I will stick to water and the Tide pens! My biggest worry is that I will cut my cat's tail. He usually jumps on the cutting board and then lays on the fabric to watch! I cut with one hand and move him/shield him with the other!

Debo 04-23-2010 12:41 PM

Interesting, didn't know peroxide would take blood stains out

judithb 04-23-2010 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by Debo
Interesting, didn't know peroxide would take blood stains out

Sometimes, if you use it full strength, it takes out the color too. But it does work.

Nancy in Louisiana 04-23-2010 03:54 PM

I think a little DNA added to a quilt just makes it that much more personal.

judithb 04-23-2010 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by Nancy in Louisiana
I think a little DNA added to a quilt just makes it that much more personal.

Especially if it a "blood" connection relative! :?

katei 04-23-2010 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by dsb38327
Does everyone keep a box of bandages in the sewing room?How many times have we:
Pricked ourselves with the pins and needles.
Ran the rotary cutter across our skin in one form or fashion.
Those scissors are sharp! They cut right where you tell them to!
Snippers. I guess so!
And then there is the seam ripper. It does gouge doesn't it?
Want to add to the list?

Yes - adding to the list!
Paper cuts and/or thread cuts
Iron burns
Catching fingers under sewing foot - don't ask how
Sewing fingers in applique - again don't ask how
:?