Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Who else has two sets of notions? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/who-else-has-two-sets-notions-t178261.html)

EmbQuilt 02-05-2012 04:26 PM

I too have many duplicates and many triplicates etc. Of some notions. I have a bag of basic sewing supplies in a class bag that came with a ruler and mat. I usually add to it depending on what type of class I am taking. I have a small mat and ruler and rotary cutter always by my machine and a large mat with a larger ruler and have recently added it's own rotary cutter for there. I was constantly leaving the one cutter behind - it would be at whatever spot I wasn't at at the time! I had an extra cutter just didn't get the aha moment until lots of walking around the room to get the forgotten cutter!

jollyquilting 02-05-2012 04:40 PM

OH I see there are others like me. I get teased all the time because when others come over to quilt, I have plenty of extras to use if they forget anything, including sewing machines. LOL

jacee kay 02-05-2012 04:45 PM

I find it easier to have a set ready to go to retreats. I don't have to think of what to take it is already packed ready to go. I do have more than two of several things I use alot.

luvTooQuilt 02-05-2012 04:47 PM

I have lots of dups of everything- including rulers.. Im really good at mis-placing things andits easier to grab one that was actually put away..

ive got over a doz seam rippers.. and I lost count on scissors and nippers..

jaciqltznok 02-05-2012 05:11 PM

I have about 4 sets....though two are for sewing, and two are for hand...oh wait..I have 3 for sewing if you count the entire sewing room...I have two sets extra, one for classes that stays packed in the machine travel case and one for quick trips to sew-ins, etc...

Divokittysmom 02-05-2012 05:38 PM

I too have duplicate sewing notions. I have 2 machines, both in the same room but don't feel like running from one side to the other so I keep a set beside each machine. This makes it super easy when I want to pack up one of my machines for travel in our RV.

lalaland 02-05-2012 05:53 PM

Now I'm thinking mmmmmmmmmm, I need 3 sets of notions. My sewing machine is in the family room because it's too crowded in my sewing room, but sometimes I set up my small classroom machine on my cutting table and sew in the sewing room (what a concept!) so I have a set of notions on my cutting table and in the family room, bit I don't have a set for classes. I could stick it in the roller case I use to haul my classroom machine around. Thanks for the idea!!

LadyElisabeth 02-05-2012 06:27 PM

We should think of a name for the second, or third, or fourth sets. but you are more organized, having a set packed and ready to go. Good plan

BellaBoo 02-05-2012 06:28 PM

I have duplicates of my duplicates! No way I would have just one of anything I need and use for quilting. Unless it was a long arm! I have more rulers and scissors then other tools.

Shelbie 02-05-2012 06:57 PM

I have a machine and a complete stitching bag packed at all times ready to grab and go. I usually teach one day a week and stitch another day so it is a time saver for me to keep it packed. My quilt buddies always know that they can borrow from me because I've always got it in my magic green bag. I have a separate bag packed for everything (church bag, library bag, school bag etc). This habit has kept me organized and has saved me hours of packing and unpacking. I've always loved making bags so it has been a perfect use for them. As they are all different, once glance tells me that I have the right bag and I know it has the stuff I need.