Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Who else has two sets of notions? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/who-else-has-two-sets-notions-t178261.html)

Geri B 02-08-2012 07:28 AM

never have enough rippers...they seem to grow feet and walk away.......I wait for JoAnns to have 50%notion sale then I usually pick up "extras" of small stuff......not dups on rulers though...that can get quite pricey........
I wish though, that someone would make a hand needle threader a bit stronger and longer lasting than those silly little silver things with the thin wire that is offered.......I go through those like crazy when I am doing handwork..........any suggestions would be appreciated.......

probles 02-08-2012 11:44 AM

I have multiple sets of notions. I need things at my cutting table, at my sewing table, at my planning table, near the couch when I am working on hand projects. I used to have a set that I used for everything. Then after looking for them multiple times, I went out and purchased more as money would permit. Now I am well stocked and seldom lose anything. Love it.

nstitches4u 02-08-2012 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by Lori S (Post 4945718)
I have more than two sets just for my sewing room!! Too many time I have lost a small ruler , pincushion , sissors etc ... so I have way more than two sets of notions( the ones I use the most). I only hope I can find the one I need at that moment I need it.

I have at least two sets of most notions. I leave one set in my bag that I take to classes, retreats and sew-ins. Before I got the extra notions, I was always forgetting something important (everything is important!). Now I don't have to worry about forgetting something.

nstitches4u 02-08-2012 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by Greenheron (Post 4952574)
I've had absurd notions, frightening notions, slightly insane notions, preconceived notions, inspired notions and gol' durned notions. That makes at least six.[ATTACH=CONFIG]309741[/ATTACH]Sometimes I just take a notion.:D

Thanks for the chuckle! I needed that!

Mary Britton 02-09-2012 04:01 PM

I have two houses, two sewing rooms, two sewing machines and duplicates of almost everything. Dozens of scissors, seam rippers, rotary cutters and rulers.

oldbalt99 02-09-2012 08:37 PM

Now that I spend eight hours with my mother at my sister's apartment, I have a second set to make the blocks for quilts. That includes a sewing machine.

BETTY62 02-09-2012 09:03 PM

I think I have 2 or more of most small sewing notions because I misplace so many things and don't want to waste a lot of quilting time looking for them. I usually find everything and put it back in place when I finish a project and pick up my sewing area.

beaqltr 02-09-2012 09:04 PM

I have two or more of some rulers, rotary cutters, scissors, etc. I hand embroider and applique so I have a little travel kit with some duplicates and unique items. I use the travel kit at home too.

AnnieH 02-10-2012 01:16 AM

Guilty as charged.

Annie

CindyBee 02-10-2012 01:26 AM

I have 2 sets. One for home and one packed and ready for travel. It seems I was always forgetting something crucial at home. Problem solved!