Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Who has an accu go cutter??? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/who-has-accu-go-cutter-t49729.html)

BellaBoo 10-13-2010 10:36 AM

I have the Go and ordered the Go Baby. I use mine for 99% of all the quilts I make. I bought all the pieced block dies. Not many of the applique ones. I like the tumbler die, it uses up a lot scraps.

p38flygirl 10-13-2010 02:35 PM

I have the GO and love it...Try shoppersrule.com... they have the cutters and dies at great prices...I also love the tumbler and the apple core...It is great for using scraps..I have lots of Thimbleberry scraps and hate to discard them...I even cut the 2 inch squares...It is really wonderful for that...and I use the 2 inch ones for leader and enders....I alrady have a bag full of these without much effort..

BellaBoo 10-13-2010 02:59 PM

I used a rotary cutter and ruler today to cut strips and squares without my Go and it was as bad as using scissors to cut them out. The Go has spoiled me for good.

All Thumbs 10-13-2010 06:21 PM

I am considering getting one however was wondering, if between those of you who have the cutter, who has arthritis of the hands and do you still have trouble cutting? Thank you.

plainpat 10-14-2010 01:32 AM

Hope mine will ease the back pains I get from cutting.I also have mild arthritis in fingers.DH is willing to lift it for me.....so just hope it works out.
Alot of LQSs have them, so maybe you could find one that would do a demo? Hopefully you'll also hear from ppl with arthritis who are also Go owners.

Originally Posted by All Thumbs
I am considering getting one however was wondering, if between those of you who have the cutter, who has arthritis of the hands and do you still have trouble cutting? Thank you.

All Thumbs 10-14-2010 04:24 PM

Thank you justme2. Yes, there is a shop several miles away that one of the quilters said had the Accuquilt. Guess one day I will have to make a day-trip over there. Too bad my own LQS does not have one as it is only three miles away.

plainpat 10-15-2010 02:42 AM

Why not look up their ph number & call? Tell them you'd like to try the Go cutter & see what they say.Might save you a trip if they say no,or they could say to bring some fabric with you.

Also, everyone says Accuquilt is great Co to deal with.
I'd call them & explain you need to find a closer dealer. I'm sure they'd know....if there's one around. Good luck.....just thinking aloud. Pat

Originally Posted by All Thumbs
Thank you justme2. Yes, there is a shop several miles away that one of the quilters said had the Accuquilt. Guess one day I will have to make a day-trip over there. Too bad my own LQS does not have one as it is only three miles away.

CarrieAnne 10-15-2010 03:27 AM

Our JoAnns has them, but on sale, they are $299.00, and now, after BF bought mine, I know you can get them cheaper on line!

butterflyquilter 10-29-2010 06:06 AM

This is what I do too. I love mine. It is so accurate.

Originally Posted by Prism99
I pre-cut my fabric just 1/2-inch wider than the die's cutting blade, so my only waste is 1/4" strips. I haven't found any more waste of fabric with the Go! than with my rotary cutting. Most of the demos show fabric that is cut much wider than is actually needed, and that does make for more fabric waste.